Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleepy At Drop Off...
daycarediva 04:34 AM 10-02-2017
I of course woke her up. She is awake-ish. Very tired, not playing, in pjs (never is)

and all my crazy daycare brain thinks is that she's hurt and I'll be blamed. Anyone else go 'there' every single time? I had a child last week with a SERIOUS black eye (grandma's house) and I was documenting it like crazy.

SO SCARY!
Ariana 06:11 AM 10-02-2017
Wow! What do the parents say at drop off?
Snowmom 06:30 AM 10-02-2017
Yes, I go there about everything when it comes to this business.

I'd first suspect a drop and drop though.
Then injury.

amberrose3dg 06:49 AM 10-02-2017
Yup i had a family that is usually great bring me their 2 year old in pjs and their 6 month old hungry. I suspect they didn't feed her in the morning and he still in his overnight diaper. I am so not in the mood for this today.
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Yes, I go there about everything when it comes to this business.

I'd first suspect a drop and drop though.
Then injury.

Yep. Every time.

I usually calm my fears by having alot of back and forth texting (proof in print) with the parent about the unusual behavior.
daycarediva 09:25 AM 10-02-2017
I did the same. Lots of messages back and forth this morning. She didn't eat breakfast and was blah all day. Already asleep at naptime.

Parents say busy weekend and late night (and apologies with a follow up message to ask how she was doing).

She was participating normally, just not as active as usual.

I am waiting for the fever, but she's already OUT on her mat.
Ariana 10:19 AM 10-02-2017
Text messages are how I deal with things too!

Dcb just had a huge accident on my floor, seems tired and has a very snotty nose. I asked mom if he was on medication since he had a fever at my house on Friday. Text confirms he did not have meds and is doing well.

Gotta have those texts!!
Tags:drop off issue, sleepy head, tired kids
Reply Up