Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wish App For Toys/ Games?
DaveA 10:15 AM 10-04-2017
DW uses an app called Wish. I never paid much attention to it as I just thought it was a site she bought clothes off of occasionally. She told me last night they had toys and kid games on it. I haven't looked at it yet but has anyone used it? Considering it's a "bargain" site I'm assuming it is Oriental Trading type stuff. I just was wondering if the stuff you've gotten from there (if there is anything on there) was decent.

Thanks
midaycare 10:50 AM 10-04-2017
I heard...and I could be wrong, because this is from people online, not personal experience...but I heard that Wish is a bunch of stuff from China and super cheap quality.

I know my Stepdaughter has ordered stuff off of there, but she is a size 0-2, so the clothes often fit her. Most clothes are for smaller people (made to fit Chinese women, ex. size large is a size small here).
Annalee 10:58 AM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
DW uses an app called Wish. I never paid much attention to it as I just thought it was a site she bought clothes off of occasionally. She told me last night they had toys and kid games on it. I haven't looked at it yet but has anyone used it? Considering it's a "bargain" site I'm assuming it is Oriental Trading type stuff. I just was wondering if the stuff you've gotten from there (if there is anything on there) was decent.

Thanks
my sons ordered some fidget spinners and cubes from the site. Took a while to get them in because it does come from China. The site has lots of stuff!
storybookending 11:23 AM 10-04-2017
I’ve read a lot about people paying for items and never receiving them, that’s what a majority of the reviews say anyways. My sister ordered a necklace from them a few months ago, it did come but the quality sucks.
DaveA 05:25 AM 10-05-2017
Thanks Ladies

That's the kind of stuff I was wondering about. DW uses it as kind of an impulse buy/ retail therapy site so she really doesn't care that much if it takes a while/ wrong size. I think I'll skip it for daycare stuff.
Leigh 08:36 AM 11-07-2017
I have bought maybe half a dozen things from Wish. All pure junk. I have a client who buys cute clothes and shoes from Wish, and she loves the app. I would just hope for the best with whatever I ordered!
flying_babyb 04:34 PM 11-07-2017
Ive bought dog clothes which were nice, some dollhouse items that were pretty good and some small toys which were pretty nice. Bought a few clothing items, all two sizes larger than me, that fit good!
Jamie 03:11 AM 11-08-2017
Buying from Wish can be a gamble! However, many stores and items have reviews that you can check out before buying.
Also make sure to read the descriptions of the stuff, as some of the picrures are way off/wrong size etc.

I've bought aprons for painting and bibs for eating from wish and was very satisfied
lovemydaycare0912 08:43 AM 11-10-2017
Make sure you're reading dimensions. Some things are super duper tiny and you wont know unlesd you take your time reading fine print.
DaveA 03:38 AM 12-15-2017
Thought I'd post an update. To test it out I ordered a plastic peg game for school agers. It arrived yesterday. The pegs and the part they go into are fine. The back of it is so thin I put my finger through it opening the box. I'll keep the pegs and pegboard and make a quick frame for it in my shop. Guess it was worth the $2 but I hate getting things for daycare that don't last. Probably won't order for daycare from there again.
Tags:apps, wish app
Reply Up