Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One Late Toddler
Shayna Maydel 05:08 PM 09-28-2017
I work in a home day care that is private. Start time is 8:15am end of day is 3pm. When the majority of the toddlers arrive I start breakfast/snack. we finish have circle time, change diapers, get ready to go out to the park. Get back free play start lunch and then go into nap (by about 12:15) at this point there is this one mom who comes most of the babies are all in bed about to drift off. This toddler freaks screams and causes all the others to freak. I am so frustrated. Eventually he falls asleep, and all is good. But it bugs me. Mom says she will try, i positive praise when she gets to us early (at the park, or as we start lunch). How has anyone else dealt with this?
daycarediva 05:17 PM 09-28-2017
A drop off cut off time.

"Dcm, it's too disruptive to the group when you drop off after X time. From now on, all children will have to be in care no later than X or be considered absent for the day."
kendallina 05:39 PM 09-28-2017
Yes, it is OK to say that she has to be there by 9:00am (or whatever time you decide) or he cannot come that day.
Josiegirl 01:44 AM 09-29-2017
Yes! Definitely time to set a new policy in place; totally agree with the 2 PPs.
Tags:drop off issues, toddlers
Reply Up