Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCP Texted About Dried Poop
DeeDee 06:26 PM 03-24-2020
I received a text tonight from DCD, which is pretty similar to what DCM sent previously. I chickened out and didn't respond to the first text 2 weeks ago; I dislike confrontation and I really didn't know how/what to respond.

Message from DCM: about 2 wks prior

Hey DCP. DCB came home with dried popped on his butt and he smelled horrible. Can you please ensure he is cleaned properly, I don't want him having an excoriations. Thanks

Message from DCD: This evening
Hi DCP,

I dropped DCB at my moms right after I picked him up. She said she had to give him a bath because of dried pooped that was stuck to his skin. Please change him regularly. I don't want him to have rash or health issues.

Thanks

DCB has been in my care for 2 1/2yrs and this has never happened before, nor have I had this happen with any of my other DCK's. I change all of the kids regularly, and right away if they have a BM. DCB is usually always the last one to get picked up, so I'm assuming either he had a BM while the other DCK's were being picked up or during the car ride home. Since all the kids get a change right before pick-up and then we put on coats, shoes, etc...

Can't believe I'm spending so much time thinking about poop, smh

How/what would you guys respond. Do I need to add a policy about this? I really don't know. I'm at a loss.

Thanks guys
Tags:allergies - dairy, poop
Up