Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tattle-Tell, How To Cure This Annyoing Disease.....
lvt77 10:08 AM 01-11-2011
I have one DCG that is a TT all day long....Now it's spreading like an out of conrtol fire.............What to do?? How do we stop this..

ages 3and 4
Blackcat31 10:09 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
I have one DCG that is a TT all day long....Now it's spreading like an out of conrtol fire.............What to do?? How do we stop this..

ages 3and 4
At my house it is the tattle tails who sit in time out.... cures them right away!
lvt77 10:13 AM 01-11-2011
I usually never put kids in time out unless they hurt someone or if they hurt themself due to failure to listen...But I think I am going to have to start doing this....lol oh gotta love it....
laundrymom 10:14 AM 01-11-2011
I say, ok thank you, but we dont tattle, go sit in the yellow chair.
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 01-11-2011
I usually never put kids in time out unless they hurt someone or if they hurt themself due to failure to listen...But I think I am going to have to start doing this....lol oh gotta love it....
I usually dont call it time out...I just don't the tattler rejoin the activity or group they left to come tattle.
lvt77 10:16 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I usually dont call it time out...I just don't the tattler rejoin the activity or group they left to come tattle.
I ususally call it reflection time.....I just put the DCG in the chair and guess what....silence from all.....lol
SimpleMom 10:17 AM 01-11-2011
Tattling is usually done cause the child needs to feel important. You could try to help them feel important in other ways. Plus, We have a tattling Elmo and Cuddling Cookie Monster. They are welcome to tell them anything they want or cry to them whenever they need to. It helps them get out what they feel they need to as well as shortens the duration of crying or helps when I can't help out right away.
Blackcat31 10:19 AM 01-11-2011
I'm not usually a big fan of Dr. Phil but he says people don't change their behaviors until it becomes a problem to them. If tattler's learn that they don't get attention but time outs, reflections or time sitting in a yellow chair then it is effecting them...therefore their behavior changes.
lvt77 10:25 AM 01-11-2011
I'm not usually a big fan of Dr. Phil but he says people don't change their behaviors until it becomes a problem to them. If tattler's learn that they don't get attention but time outs, reflections or time sitting in a yellow chair then it is effecting them...therefore their behavior changes.
I hate DR. Phil hes as annoying at the TTers in my daycare, but I do have to admit I agree with this......lmao
Thanks so much for sharing!!
laundrymom 10:33 AM 01-11-2011
I hate DR. Phil hes as annoying at the TTers in my daycare, but I do have to admit I agree with this......lmao
Thanks so much for sharing!!
rofl!!!!! I havent seen him but a friend of mine swears by him. She always says,.. and hows THAT working for you..... ??? lol
Luna 10:39 AM 01-11-2011
Wasn't it on this board that I read about the Tattlephone? We made a cardboard one and when someone feels the need to tattle, they tell it to the tattlephone.
kitkat 10:41 AM 01-11-2011
Have you checked out any tattling books from the library? I had this problem at the beginning of the school year, but dcg was closer to 5. We talked about telling is ok if someone is hurt, going to hurt someone else, or doing something dangerous. Also talked about if it's a big problem or little problem. We don't tell on little problems, but we do for big problems. Throughout the day I'd give her an example of a big or little problem, ask her which it was, and if it should be told to an adult. It became a game. Your 4 year old should be able to handle that. Books definitely help, along with LOTS of examples.
MissAnn 10:42 AM 01-11-2011
I have a wooden frog......I just tell the kid they can go tell Tattle-Toad!
lvt77 10:45 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by kareng:
too cute..I like this idea....I also like the game idea as well as the phone...

I am going to sit and talk with everyone here about TTing....
lvt77 10:46 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by kitkat:
Have you checked out any tattling books from the library? I had this problem at the beginning of the school year, but dcg was closer to 5. We talked about telling is ok if someone is hurt, going to hurt someone else, or doing something dangerous. Also talked about if it's a big problem or little problem. We don't tell on little problems, but we do for big problems. Throughout the day I'd give her an example of a big or little problem, ask her which it was, and if it should be told to an adult. It became a game. Your 4 year old should be able to handle that. Books definitely help, along with LOTS of examples.
I could not agree more...I am going to try this today cuz if I dont all my hair just mmight fall out.....lmao
Blackcat31 12:00 PM 01-11-2011
My MIL ran a 24 hr/7 days a week daycare while my DH was growing up....(plus he was the 4th of 5 boys) and he said his mom used to say
"I don't wanna hear it unless someone is dead, dying or bleeding. Otherwise...I'm not listening."
I thought that was hilarious!
lvt77 12:03 PM 01-11-2011
My MIL ran a 24 hr/7 days a week daycare while my DH was growing up....(plus he was the 4th of 5 boys) and he said his mom used to say
"I don't wanna hear it unless someone is dead, dying or bleeding. Otherwise...I'm not listening."
I thought that was hilarious!
lmao....my kids are really far apart in age..I have 15-12 and 3... When my lil guy was born they would always barge into my room while I was nursing or putting the baby to sleep and disrupt us...
I had a sign on the door that read....unless you are dying, not breathing, bleeding, or the house is on fire, DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR FOR ANY REASON!! worked like a charm...
GretasLittleFriends 06:10 AM 01-12-2011
My MIL did daycare for close to 30 years. She had an ear taped to the wall that the kids go tattle to.

My school aged dc kids tattle in question form... "Is it ok if Johnny is jumping on the couch?" I usually answer with are you asking or are you tattling. You know the rules, tell me what you think. I usually let them have one "question" a week. After that, they and the wrong doer are both sent to reflect on their actions (separately of course).
DanceMom 06:39 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by kareng:
Yep - I have a Tattle Tree - go tell the Tattle Tree...and we have talks about when its appropriate to tell and not to tell. If someone is hurt - ok to come and tell me - if someone is not hurt - go tell the tattle tree !
AmandasFCC 07:02 AM 01-12-2011
I have a big ear posted on the wall that they can tattle to. And I tell them that it's not their job to tell me when someone is doing something wrong unless they are hurting someone else. It's their job to have fun, so go and do it. Leave my job to me.
lvt77 07:03 AM 01-12-2011
very cute idea....thanks for the ideas
newtodaycare22 07:20 AM 01-12-2011
When I was teaching kindergarten, there was always an issue with this (mainly in May or June...not sure why ). I did something similar to "tattle toad" . I had a moose but any stuffed animal will do. It was in our quiet reading area and if they REALLY needed to tell something about a person (and they were not HURTING anyone), they told the moose. And , they had to whisper it in their ear. It saved me from going insane
SandeeAR 07:25 AM 01-12-2011
One real advantage of my 3 and under group....they can't tattle yet!!!
lvt77 07:40 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
One real advantage of my 3 and under group....they can't tattle yet!!!
really...its my 3 year olds that are the biggest TTers
SandeeAR 07:44 AM 01-12-2011
really...its my 3 year olds that are the biggest TTers
Well she isn't quite 3 yet, and is the oldest. The next in line is 1 y/o, so not much to tattle about on babies LOL.
lvt77 08:09 AM 01-12-2011
very true.............
Tags:tattle tail
Reply Up