Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nervous About Inspection!
Unregistered 01:53 PM 07-20-2016
Licensing came for an non-scheduled inspection earlier this week, but I am away on vacation so she left a note saying to call her. This is my first year in daycare & I am SO NERVOUS about this inspection!! I only have 2 children enrolled right now & Im obviously not doing anything illegal, but Im worried that they are going to find something wrong!!

I just finished re-reading the regulations just incase. But Im wondering if any of you have any advice, stories, etc. to help me calm my nerves! Also, should I call her to tell her that Im on vacation or just wait until I get home? Thanks!!
Play Care 02:48 PM 07-20-2016
Relax!

Call and set up a time. It will be over before you know it. Good luck!
LittleScholars 03:48 PM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Licensing came for an non-scheduled inspection earlier this week, but I am away on vacation so she left a note saying to call her. This is my first year in daycare & I am SO NERVOUS about this inspection!! I only have 2 children enrolled right now & Im obviously not doing anything illegal, but Im worried that they are going to find something wrong!!

I just finished re-reading the regulations just incase. But Im wondering if any of you have any advice, stories, etc. to help me calm my nerves! Also, should I call her to tell her that Im on vacation or just wait until I get home? Thanks!!
I just went through this . I would call and tell her you are on vacation, but only because I'm required to notify my licensing when I'm closed.

It was just like the inspection I had pre-opening. She observed me with the kids for a bit, walked around the house looking for obvious safety issues, checked all smoke detectors, looked for mulch in the play space, and then poured through my paperwork. I put all of the paperwork on my kitchen table (files for each kid, fire drill/shelter in place log, attendance logs, visitor logs).

The only thing that came up was that one little guy was there on a day that wasn't listed on his contract (I allow for flexible days if I have the spaces open). That wasn't a violation, she just asked that I update the contracts to reflect my flexible policy.

That was it!
Reply Up