Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice For Pregnant Provider?
Kajada 12:19 PM 09-11-2017
Hi everyone!

I am very unexpectedly pregnant with my 3rd child. We were done (done done done!) after 2 but here we are. The shock has worn off now and we're very happy.

This is the first time I'm working a full-time, demanding job while pregnant and I'm looking for any advice and tips you all might have. I'm an in-home provider, no assistant, 2 to 6 kids per day. My two previous pregnancies were pretty easy, but like I said I was either working part-time or a much less exhausting job. I'm just so tired all the time. By lunch time I'm yawning and dreaming of coffee. I love coffee and hate having to cut back while pregnant! My personal limit during pregnancy is one cup/day and I try to go caffeine-free as often as I can. I eat well, drink a lot of water, and get at least 8 hours of sleep.

I'm also a bit "off" half of the time. Baby-brain fog, I guess. And back pain...my lower back aches so much sometimes. Maybe I need to start doing yoga and stretching with the kids every day.

So for those of you who have run your daycare while pregnant, please send me your wisdom! Did you make any changes to your program? What helped? Thank you in advance!
Michael 12:23 PM 09-11-2017
Here are some more threads by providers that ran their businesses while pregnant: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...unning+daycare
Jupadia 01:04 PM 09-11-2017
With my 2ed I did daycare pregnat, I worked up to the just under a week before my c section (and only took it off cause it was Christmas). I did have a sub come in for 2 weeks following that (my MIL). For the two weeks after that my husband took off work and worked as my assistant. (C section required me to avoid lifting for 6 weeks) then I took one more week off and closed (by then I could lift but wanted to be fully healed).

During the pregnancy I found it hard to get threw the day. I did cut back on outdoor time during the last couple months (weather made it easy since it was realy cold). Also I would prep craft the night before. I started making sure that the kids were prep as well. Such as moving up to cot from pack and play. Made sure I did more activities that I could do sitting rather then standing. Was not easy to get threw but I made it. I'll do it again as soon as my oldest gets a bit older so he won't count in my numbers. As well once it was told to family I made sure parents had a rough idea of my plan for when baby came so they would not worry about having care for their kids.
LittleScholars 11:19 AM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by Kajada:
Hi everyone!

I am very unexpectedly pregnant with my 3rd child. We were done (done done done!) after 2 but here we are. The shock has worn off now and we're very happy.

This is the first time I'm working a full-time, demanding job while pregnant and I'm looking for any advice and tips you all might have. I'm an in-home provider, no assistant, 2 to 6 kids per day. My two previous pregnancies were pretty easy, but like I said I was either working part-time or a much less exhausting job. I'm just so tired all the time. By lunch time I'm yawning and dreaming of coffee. I love coffee and hate having to cut back while pregnant! My personal limit during pregnancy is one cup/day and I try to go caffeine-free as often as I can. I eat well, drink a lot of water, and get at least 8 hours of sleep.

I'm also a bit "off" half of the time. Baby-brain fog, I guess. And back pain...my lower back aches so much sometimes. Maybe I need to start doing yoga and stretching with the kids every day.

So for those of you who have run your daycare while pregnant, please send me your wisdom! Did you make any changes to your program? What helped? Thank you in advance!
Congratulations! I was pregnant with a full group (6 + 2 school-agers) and now have my own 8 month old in care. It went so well I'm doing it again asap.

I was always tired during my pregnancy, so I hear you. I did yoga with the kids every, single day. They loved it and it was so good for me. I bounced on a yoga ball a lot toward the end. It helped with pain, and kept me energized. I tried to stay as active as I could be and got lots of fresh air even in the winter months. I re-framed my thinking, and kept reminding myself that my only job was to take care of all of these kiddos. At night, I prioritized rest. At nap, I prioritized sitting and getting small tasks done so I could re-energize.

I went into labor with kids here, and it was totally fine. In fact, staying active up until the big event really helped my delivery. Having a solid plan for what would happen if I went into labor and what would happen after delivery really helped.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more!
Tags:pregnant - and running daycare
Reply Up