Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Vacuum Cleaner
ivoo 10:04 AM 02-11-2019
I'm looking for a new vacuum cleaner ... because my old one has just given up the ghost the other day. Now the robot vacuum cleaner trend is very active. Which one would you rather buy a Robot vacuum cleaner or the normal one? I'm still not sure which one to buy but I also want to hear your personal experience.
Maybe it's worthwhile buying both what do you think?
Ms.Kay 10:25 AM 02-11-2019
Looooooovvvvvveeeee my roomba!!! I can clean the kitchen or walk the dogs amd vacuum at the same time. I have 2 shedding dogs...does great. Every Sunday i break it down to clean it..maybe 10 min. I usually do one room at a time..block.off with baby gates
Cat Herder 10:33 AM 02-11-2019
Shark upright.

I have two Navigator Pro's, now. I love that I can toss the filters in the wash with mopheads and bleach, daily, to keep illness transmission down. A quick spritz with clorox anywhere in the canister after dumping, rinse, air dry. I have one for the playroom, one for our personal space. https://smile.amazon.com/Shark-Navig...gateway&sr=8-4

I buy the replacement filters listed below the image at amazon about once per year. I cycle 3 sets at a time. I also toss a dryer sheet between them each day to fresen the room air.
storybookending 10:36 AM 02-11-2019
I loveeee my robot vacuum. I bought the deebot brand as it had similar ratings to a Roomba but was cheaper. I love it so much I bought the same brand for my mom for Christmas. She also loves it. Hers has touble finding its “home” on its own when it needs to be recharged but her house is also twice the sq footage of mine. Mine has only not found home one time. My house is semi open concept so when I want it to clean just the dining room after nap I just put my throw pillows on the floor to block it from entering the living room. I’ve only got out my upright maybe twice since switching and one of those times was only to do the stairs. One of my daycare kids (youngest, almost 17 months) is deathly afraid of it but the others would just lay down and watch it for hours if I let them!
jenboo 12:38 PM 02-11-2019
I wouldnt give up my kirby for the world!
Ariana 12:45 PM 02-11-2019
I spent a lot and got a Dyson a few years ago. I just donated it to someone who knows someone who can fix it. Long story short I will never buy an expensive vacuum again. My new vacuum was $80 a Bissell upright from Amazon. Works really well and easy to clean all the parts. When it konks out I will buy another cheap one!

I love the idea of a Roomba but I just don’t believe they work as well as people claim. JMO
kendallina 05:49 AM 02-12-2019
I have a regular vacuum and just got a room at for Christmas- I looooooove it! Set it at 5:00 while I'm making dinner and I no longer have to vacuum in the morning before everyone gets here. Also can easily set it for my family's part of the house and have it run during the day while I'm with the kids.

I do not like running it at night because sometimes it gets caught on something and if I'm sleeping then I can't fix the problem.

I wouldn't have this as my only vacuum though. It takes about an hour to vacuum my preschool room, which I can do in less than 10 minutes with a regular vacuum.
Tags:2019, vaccum, vaccum cleaners, vacuum, vacuum cleaner
Reply Up