Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Boy Sounds"
MsMe 06:45 AM 02-02-2012
I feel terrible for saying but I feel that I NEED to get it out I HATE the sounds boys make while free playing!!!!!!!!

Of my 8 DCKs a day 4-5 are 4 yr BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am completley at the end of my rope with car sounds, truck sounds, bomb sounds, gun sounds, fireman, police, crashing towers, fort building, car crashing, spaceman rocketships and just general NOISE that DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are so LOUD all the time!!! They can never be quite for more then two minutes after reminder after reminder.

The other crazything that they have started doing is finding the corner of a room and making "walls" with the larger toys and then pileing in every other toy they can find in a 3x4 space with 5 boys and just yelling and laughing at their 'madeup' words that they find so funny.

I can't physicaly be in with them every second (I have a 100% daycare home and three other young DCKs. We do as many structured activites as possible, but their attention span in low and then act up durring the activity as well.

I am finally admitting that I am just surviving untill they all go off to Kinder next Fall.
Springdaze 06:49 AM 02-02-2012
I hear ya, but barely over the siren sounds! My thing now is rude words such as idiot and kill and one kid puts "chicken" infront of everything he says! Kinda funny writing it, but really annoying!!!!!

But the other side of it is the whining with the girls, so I guess ya cant win!
And I HATE "I had it first!"
MNMum 07:24 AM 02-02-2012
A parent will probably come on board here and tell us we are all awful...but I am right there with ya! Trains schreech...shooting sounds are never ending...trucks driving! I have my own 2 yo and 2-2.5 yo boys! They are relatively calm at the moment...hmmmm.

In fact anyone have any good ideas on teaching indoor voice use? For the one who is constantly schreeching?
Cat Herder 07:31 AM 02-02-2012
There are days....

I have to say I can take those sounds better than whiny, high pitched, sing-songy, baby talk by adults TO ME at the door first thing in the morning....

I often wonder if they talk like to their adult co-workers, too?? Do you think they KNOW they do it?
sharlan 07:45 AM 02-02-2012
My youngest 2 are 3 1/2 and 4 1/2. I can handle the playing sounds, it's the "you farted", "you burped", "did you go pee", every 30 seconds. I've tried redirecting, having discussion on why it's not polite, time outs. Nothing has stopped it and it's getting worse.
youretooloud 08:37 AM 02-02-2012
LOL.. I have one that just taught himself some new sound effects and he does it all the time. I hate it.
Springdaze 08:49 AM 02-02-2012
I dont like the Bathroom words either, but the more I try to correct, the worse it gets, and the "Ms. Chelle! He said ______!" drives me bonkers!!!!!! My DD teacher, 3rd grade makes me mad because he likes to say "Such and such...BUT, and its a BIG BUTT!..." RAAARRRRRRRR! And the other day i guess someone tooted and everyone laughed and the teacher said "I suppose you want me to ask who farted!" Maybe Im too sensitive, but that bothers me!
Countrygal 08:57 AM 02-02-2012
Is it too strict to just say they have to play nicely, using inside voices and not rude language? I've been debating this because I could no longer take all the racket, running, blocks and cars flying across my living room, etc.

I've been working very hard on "training" them to play in a "nice" manner. Is this wrong? I know boys have to be boys, but I believe that part of our society's problems is that boys are taught that they can do anything.

My kids get outside time daily unless weather prevents, and then they can free-for-all.
AmyLeigh 09:22 AM 02-02-2012
I have 4 boys here, and wow, the noise level gets pretty loud here. I can handle 'sound effects', it's the high pitched screams from them that get to me.
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:26 AM 02-02-2012
I cant get them to stop either and my own son is the worst.

IPOD in one ear usually helps tune it out for a bit.

And well Billy Idol helps me get through the day too
KEG123 10:27 AM 02-02-2012
Only one of my three boys makes the sounds. And I think the reason why it bothers me so much with him is because he does NOT talk (age 3) and the car noises, the growling, roaring, etc are the only sounds he makes. UGH!
saved4always 10:36 AM 02-02-2012
I watch 2 little guys, too. And they are often very loud. I think it is just normal for boys (and some girls) to play like this. Mine love to run back and forth screaming and laughing at the top of their lungs. And they LOVE to push trucks back and forth as fast as they can, also laughing loudly. I remind them to be quieter and not to run, but 2 minutes later, they are doing it a again. I think it is an inbred boy thing that cannot be squashed...lol! When it gets out of hand, I invite them to find a book and sit with me to look at it.
wahmof3 10:38 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Only one of my three boys makes the sounds. And I think the reason why it bothers me so much with him is because he does NOT talk (age 3) and the car noises, the growling, roaring, etc are the only sounds he makes. UGH!
I can relate- I have a 2yo DCK that isn't talking & all of the grunting & whining are wearing on my nerves

I keep telling myself- this is his way to communicate & I'd rather him make some noise then none. But if I had a penny for every time I said please stop whining & use your words- I would probably be able to retire!!!
MsMe 10:44 AM 02-02-2012
I have a baby FT 9mo that is the LOUDEST child ever! SHe has not stopped make noise ever, and it doesnt really bother me at all. Just "boy racket" gets on my nerves.

I have aslo noticed girls although they my whine a bicker they use WORDS in their play, not just constant SOUNDS.

I guess women are better communicaters from the start
Kaddidle Care 12:51 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by MsMe:
I feel terrible for saying but I feel that I NEED to get it out I HATE the sounds boys make while free playing!!!!!!!!

Of my 8 DCKs a day 4-5 are 4 yr BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am completley at the end of my rope with car sounds, truck sounds, bomb sounds, gun sounds, fireman, police, crashing towers, fort building, car crashing, spaceman rocketships and just general NOISE that DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are so LOUD all the time!!! They can never be quite for more then two minutes after reminder after reminder.

The other crazything that they have started doing is finding the corner of a room and making "walls" with the larger toys and then pileing in every other toy they can find in a 3x4 space with 5 boys and just yelling and laughing at their 'madeup' words that they find so funny.

I can't physicaly be in with them every second (I have a 100% daycare home and three other young DCKs. We do as many structured activites as possible, but their attention span in low and then act up durring the activity as well.

I am finally admitting that I am just surviving untill they all go off to Kinder next Fall.

I'm sorry - not laughing AT you but with you. I hear ya honey! But you forgot the Robot sounds!!!

We have mostly boys this year and one class is 7 boys - no girls. It's only a 3 hour class so we can deal with it. If I had to be there all day I'd have a migraine for sure.

Thankfully they do respond to quiet requests with a bit of eye contact. They do require quite a bit of "roping in".

I've found that the loudest is usually the one that has had "sugar cereal" for breakfast.
MsMe 01:14 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:

I'm sorry - not laughing AT you but with you. I hear ya honey! But you forgot the Robot sounds!!!

We have mostly boys this year and one class is 7 boys - no girls. It's only a 3 hour class so we can deal with it. If I had to be there all day I'd have a migraine for sure.

Thankfully they do respond to quiet requests with a bit of eye contact. They do require quite a bit of "roping in".

I've found that the loudest is usually the one that has had "sugar cereal" for breakfast.
TAKE IT BACK ! they havent even started robot sounds yet!! Now I just know they are somehow going to pick up on it just becasue I THOUGHT about robots. UGH I need this week to be over.

ps changing kids every three hours sounds like a dream!!! I havs had these 6 boys for 50 hours a week for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS!!!!!!!!!
MissAnn 01:45 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:

But you forgot the Robot sounds!!!

The robot walk! One boy does robot walking and never human walking. Drives me nuts.
Hunni Bee 02:50 PM 02-02-2012
I dont mind if they play cars, trucks, firemen, whatever (except guns/killing) but they know if they get too many warnings about being too loud, they're going to play something else of my choosing.

I used to allow the extra loud playing because they were boys, but I figured if the girls were playing Scream Dress up or Scream House, I'd make them stop. So to be fair no one gets to make loud noises while playing, only outside.
Tags:funny, peeve
Reply Up