Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Senseless Tragedy!
daycarediva 03:24 PM 10-11-2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/adr...ult/index.html

daycare 03:25 PM 10-11-2013
I am afraid to open it....
daycare 03:26 PM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I am afraid to open it....
OMG...............................................I am crying........first because of the death, but hands down one of my favorite football players
Sugar Magnolia 03:56 PM 10-11-2013
You can't even read the news anymore.....too much heart ache.
If anyone ever reads Huffington Post......the "crime" section is ALWAYS at least 50 percent stories that are either crimes against children or crimes committed by children. I have stopped reading that section. It's just too sad. The other day....."Grandmother kills baby with hammer, then slits throat because the baby moved again." Horrifying. I felt like puking.
Brooksie 03:59 PM 10-11-2013
I just saw someone post that on Fb. So incredibly sad.
daycarediva 04:14 PM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
OMG...............................................I am crying........first because of the death, but hands down one of my favorite football players
I started crying as well. He is also a favorite of mine, he is on my fantasy football team.

I am so sad for him and his family. How heartbreaking.
Scout 04:23 PM 10-11-2013
I just saw this on the news and looked up and gasped. So sad!
Unregistered 05:45 AM 10-12-2013
I know, so awful and unfathomable.

I currently care for a baby whose biological father is in jail for beating up the baby at 6 wks old. He had broken ribs, femur fractures and a brain hemmorhage. Looks like he may get off on a plea bargain after only 10 months in jail. What a loser.

It breaks my heart. He is such a wonderful baby, and thankfully, seems okay up to this point.
I am pushing the mom to get parental rights terminated for this guy (I can't believe it doesn't automatically happen). She says he will fight it. The whole situation scares me.
craftymissbeth 09:49 AM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I know, so awful and unfathomable.

I currently care for a baby whose biological father is in jail for beating up the baby at 6 wks old. He had broken ribs, femur fractures and a brain hemmorhage. Looks like he may get off on a plea bargain after only 10 months in jail. What a loser.

It breaks my heart. He is such a wonderful baby, and thankfully, seems okay up to this point.
I am pushing the mom to get parental rights terminated for this guy (I can't believe it doesn't automatically happen). She says he will fight it. The whole situation scares me.
That reminds me of a case here in my home town. A mother and her boyfriend got her 18 month old high on meth, pulled her teeth out, and tortured her to the point that she passed away a few days later... the boyfriend is still free and the mother plead guilty to child endangerment and neglect ( her child died because of this!) and is currently serving a 36 MONTH sentence!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:19 AM 10-12-2013
I lost one of my little ones (I was not currently watching but had until Mom made some really bad decisions) Drunk boyfriend killed him (drowned in bathtub) while mom was at work. He was buried on his 2nd birthday.

Just breaks my heart when these little ones are in unsafe hands.
kelsey's kids 07:55 AM 10-14-2013
A couple years ago my cousins boyfriend beat her 9 month old son to death why she was at work. When she got home and saw him she called the 911 and he was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead. This was 5 hours after the initial beating boyfriend nevrr called mom or any one. He got 6 months in jail for child abuse. It maflde me so mad he murdered that baby and got away with it.
Tags:abuse, article, death
Reply Up