Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Contract...What Do You Think?
JeepGirl6 10:30 AM 01-03-2011
~*~ Policy Handbook ~*~

I am a Professional Child Care Provider. My goal is to provide your child with a clean, safe, comfortable environment where they can play and learn with guidance and loving care while you are at work. There is a lot of information here. Please read all of it. If any of my policies seem unfair or unnecessary, please take a moment to think about that policy and how it would apply to your current working situation. These policies are enforced for the same reasons policies are enforced in any job situation - for fairness and respect. If you have any questions please ask.

Business Hours/Overtime
I provide childcare from Monday to Friday. My hours of operation are between 6:00A.M-5:30P.M. Any changes to your schedule have to be discussed and re-scheduled based on my ability to meet your new need with my schedule.
To ensure the safety of your child, only you or your designate(s) may pick up your child. Phoning me to let me know someone other than yourself will be picking up your child is fine if I know the person or your child can identify him or her.

Financial Agreement/Payment and Late Fee
For each day your child is in my care, there is a charge of $40.00. If I am caring for two children in the same family the daily charge will be $70.00. If your child is in my care for 4 hours or less the rate is $7.00 an hour, $10 an hour for two children from the same family.

All payments must be paid in cash or check every Friday. If payment is not received every Friday, a $10.00 late charge will be added for every day without payment.
If a check is returned to me for non-sufficient funds, you will be required to pay a fee of $25 and also be required to pay cash only from there on out.

Provider Holidays / Sick days
I will be closed on the following Holidays (New Years Eve, New Years, Independence Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas and Christmas Eve) I may take off various days during the year. You’ll be notified in advance.

Parent Vacations
Please notify me as at least 2 weeks in advance when you plan to take vacations.

Caregiver Vacations
I will notify parents a month in advance when I have a vacation scheduled. If I plan a vacation, parents will need to find their own care for their child during the duration of the week I will not be available.

Arrival and Departures
At pick up, please do not let your child leave the house until you are leaving also. When picking children up at the end of the day, parents are asked to come in through the back door.

Cleanliness/Hygiene
We do our best to maintain strict cleanliness and hygiene standards. Children's hands are washed
before and after meals, coming in from outside and after toileting. If these skills are stressed at
home also your child may remain a good hand-washer when he/she gets older. Please have your
child bathed and dressed for play. A clean child is a healthy child.
Infants sleep in separate cribs/Play-Pens with clean blankets, used only by them. Beginning at
age two, washable nap mattresses are used. Each child has a separate nap mat. Blankets are to be taken home at the end of the week to be washed by the parents. Toys are sanitized with a bleach solution once a week.

Meals & Snacks
Breakfast foods and condiments must be supplied by the parent if you choose for your child to have breakfast here.
I will provide a nutritious lunch, two snacks and 2% milk/ fruit juice depending on
the hours your child is attending. If the child will be arriving after lunch time please feed
them before they arrive.
If your child requires a special diet due to allergies, medications, age and/or cultural or religious
beliefs it will be the responsibility of the parent to provide a well balanced lunch and snack for
their child.

Child Illness
You should not bring your child to care sick (fever of 100°f or higher,vomiting, diarrhea not contained in a diaper, sore throat, continuous coughing, runny nose other than clear, draining eyes or ears, unexplained rash, lice, etc.) If you are not sure your child is well enough to attend child care call and discuss it with me. Your child may return to care 24 hours AFTER symptoms of illness end.

Substitute Care/ Provider Illness
If I am not able to care for the children, a substitute will try to be assigned for the day but due to unforeseen circumstances of medical emergency, family death, illness or vacations, please have back up care available to you.

Medical Emergencies
Minor bumps and scrapes are inevitable, but I make every effort to keep your children safe
through supervision and childproofing. Minor injuries will receive appropriate first aid, and if an
emergency injury or illness occurs, you will be contacted immediately. If I am unable contact
either parent, I will call the emergency contact numbers supplied to me to make the medical
decisions for the child. If necessary your child will be transported by ambulance to the nearest
hospital. Parents are responsible for costs involved in emergency medical treatment, including
transportation if required.

Medication
Written permission will be needed to administer any medication. A form with written instructions for all prescriptions and over the counter medications must be completed including times and amounts before any medication will/can be given.

Nap/Quiet Time
After lunch, there will be quiet time. Rest time is essential for the development of your child. Each child under 5 years old will be required to take a nap or have quiet time when in care between 1:00 - 3:00 pm. Infants will nap according to their own schedule. I will provide a playpen/portable crib for infants and mats for those two and older.
I supply all nap sheets for the mats. Please provide a blanket for your child’s naptime. All linens are washed weekly unless soiled during the week then they will be replaced sooner. If at all possible please try not to pick up or drop off your child at quiet time, if you do please make sure that he or she has already eaten lunch and is ready to rest quietly on his or her mat without disrupting the other children. Any child who continually disrupts the others will require a change in schedule.

Television
Television usage is limited and is never used as a "babysitting" tool. On occasion children are allowed to watch educational TV while enjoying breakfast, following lunch or during afternoon snack time. After 5:00pm as we are ending the day and waiting for parents arrivals the option of TV time is available. In addition on each Friday we will have movie time or during the summer months when weather conditions do not allow for outdoor play.

Potty Training
I will assist in potty training with the understanding that it will only work if we work together.
Your child will not learn if they do not do it while in my care and at home. You must work with
your child at home, either during vacation or over a weekend before I will begin potty training
here. Clothing should be easy to manage to encourage self-help skills.

Open Door Policy
While your child is in my care, you can always be assured that the door is open to you. Open
Door does not mean that we keep our doors unlocked. For the safety of myself and the children
doors are kept locked except for scheduled drop off and pick up times. Please feel free to drop in
and check on your child. Please keep in mind there may be times when it is not possible for me to run to the phone (diaper changing, bottle feeding, etc.) If the phone goes unanswered, please do not become alarmed, simply leave me a voice mail and I will call you as soon as I am able.

Termination Policy
I have the right to terminate contract immediately if:
· Parents do not make payments when due for services provided
· Constant misbehavior or unruliness of child
· Unforeseen problems between parent and caregiver
· Lack of parental cooperation
· Failure of child to adjust to child care after a reasonable amount of time
· Lack of compliance with contract policies

I reserve the right to suspend or terminate care of any child without notice, should it be deemed necessary for the overall safety and well-being of my family and/or other children in my care.

Damages Policy
Our home is child-proofed to the best of our ability, however, accidents do happen. Any damage to my home or personal belongings that is willfully caused by your child will be replaced or repaired at the cost of the parents. I will repair or replace broken daycare equipment & toys due to normal wear and tear.

Discipline/Guidance
I use a form of "1-2-3", "redirecting" and "time out" as a form of discipline. Any child who is aggressive, uncontrollable and can not follow the rules, the parents will be called to come and pick their child(ren) up. If your child continues to act in a matter that is distributive to him/herself or to other children, childcare may be terminated. I also give the parents the option of telling me what kind of discipline they use at home that they feel works best for their child. I will not agree to discipline I don’t believe in or that I feel is inappropriate in my home.

-Guidance for Infant and Toddlers
Distraction away from the activity
Ignore the behavior, if it is not dangerous or causing someone else to be in danger
Removal of tempting items that are off limits
Telling the child “No” Sparingly
18 months and up- Time outs will be used as last resort for the amount of minutes equivalent to childs age

-Guidance for Preschool Children
Give the child an opportunity to make the right choice, help them by making suggestions
Allowing children to resolve an issue as long as noone is getting hurt
Instead of telling child what they can’t do, tell them what they can do or should do instead
18 months and up- Time outs will be used as last resort for the amount of minutes equivalent to childs age
After time out is up, a recap of why time out was given will be discussed and what the proper action/decision should have been.

If a child does not behave in an acceptable manner redirection or an appropriate “time out” (one minute per child’s year of age) will be given. If the behaviors continue, I will increase the “time out” time a few minutes at a time and discuss the behavior with you, the parent, and devise a plan to correct the behavior of the child and possibly (depending on the behavior) put the child on a two-week probation period. During the two-week probation period there MUST be improvement in your child’s behavior. If at any time during the probation period the behavior continues this contract can and will be terminated immediately depending on the seriousness of the behaviors. Please keep in mind that the two-week probation period is given at my discretion depending on the seriousness of the behaviors.

Weather
We will try to do our best to keep the sidewalks and stairs shoveled during winter months, but may have times that we can not keep up with the snow fall. During daycare hours I will not be able to shovel the sidewalk/stairs.

Communication
Communication is very important to me. When I accept a new family into my home I like to be
sure that we can share openly any concerns or questions that may arise. I feel that we are a
team raising your child. If we can work together then your child can feel secure in knowing they
have two families who love them very much. I grow to love each child I keep very much and I
am always glad to have a chance to be a part of their lives.
Parents of infants/toddlers/pre-schooler's will receive a daily note. Some typical things that you
may find on this note would be daily activities, feedings/meals, diaper changes, naps/quiet time,
and things to remember or to bring.

By signing, I (the parent) am agreeing that I (the parent) have read and understand
the Policy in the Policy Handbook

I (the parent) hereby acknowledge that I (the Parent) am aware of the conditions stated in the Child Care Home’s Policy Handbook, and agree to abide by the above signed policies and requirements in conjunction with the Financial Agreement and the Agreement for Child Care Services.

Date: _______________________

Parent full name_______________________ Parent signature_________________________

Parent full name_______________________ Parent signature_________________________

Date: ______________________

Child care provider’s signature_____________________________
Tags:contract, contract sample
Up