Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>&*($#&*(&@^&#*!!!!!!
sahm2three 04:22 PM 01-20-2011
Freaking parents!!!!!! They RUIN this TOTALLY!!! I am SOOOOO flipping sick of getting taken advantage of!!! Another late parent today. Again, almost 6 PM before colicky boy was picked up!!! WTF?!?!? I am so fed up I am about to throw in the towel!!! Why can't they just do their part and pick their kid up when they are supposed to?! Colicky boys parents sent Grandma to pick him up because they were going to be late. Great. Grandma is usually here around 4:30. 5:30 rolls around and I start calling everyone on their list. FINALLY, I get Grandma and she says she is just about here. So grandma gets here at 5:45, and I tell her that we had a rough day and that I wasn't sure if his parents had told her that I close at 5. She said she didn't get off until 5:15 and had to run home and get a carseat and then come back over. I tell her I am not upset at her, they sent her knowing her schedule. But the parents were going to need to figure out something else because when we agreed to the contract, they had until 5:15 and no later. I HAVE A LIFE TOO!!!! I left a message for mom, and I am hoping they get the message when they get their late fee bill tomorrow!!!
Former Teacher 04:30 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Freaking parents!!!!!! They RUIN this TOTALLY!!! I am SOOOOO flipping sick of getting taken advantage of!!! Another late parent today. Again, almost 6 PM before colicky boy was picked up!!! WTF?!?!? I am so fed up I am about to throw in the towel!!! Why can't they just do their part and pick their kid up when they are supposed to?! Colicky boys parents sent Grandma to pick him up because they were going to be late. Great. Grandma is usually here around 4:30. 5:30 rolls around and I start calling everyone on their list. FINALLY, I get Grandma and she says she is just about here. So grandma gets here at 5:45, and I tell her that we had a rough day and that I wasn't sure if his parents had told her that I close at 5. She said she didn't get off until 5:15 and had to run home and get a carseat and then come back over. I tell her I am not upset at her, they sent her knowing her schedule. But the parents were going to need to figure out something else because when we agreed to the contract, they had until 5:15 and no later. I HAVE A LIFE TOO!!!! I left a message for mom, and I am hoping they get the message when they get their late fee bill tomorrow!!!
I am SO sorry

What are your late fees? Whatever they are, make sure you stick to them. This is COMPLETE and utter disrespect.
newtodaycare22 04:32 PM 01-20-2011
I'm sorry that some people are so stinking rude. This is why I love teaching young children-I hope that I'll instill the important values early on!

I'd be tempted to drive that kid home! I guess it wouldn't do much good though since grandma was at work.

You may have to create a special, HUGE late fee in order for this family to get the memo!
missnikki 04:34 PM 01-20-2011
How can the words not escape your mouth sometimes! Same thing happened to me last year, I had a parent that would come late with Starbucks in hand and toss me a 10 dollar bill. That's when I added the following to the contract:

"LATE PICK-UP FEES (After hours pick-up)
Parents picking up children after 6:00 p.m. will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute, per child with no cap. Late fees are payable in cash to the closing teacher upon pick up. Unpaid late pick up fees will be billed to the child’s account balance. Upon a third late pick up, a penalty of $30 will be billed in addition to applicable per-minute fees. If an unforeseen circumstance will prevent timely pick up of your child, please call to notify (daycare name) at (phone number) as soon as possible."

The price of Starbucks just went up!
lvt77 04:44 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
So there is no law against spanking the parents...lol I say we spank the parents instead....jk...
but trust me there were parents in the past that I wish I could have knocked some sense into....
littlemonkeys 04:53 PM 01-20-2011
I'm so sorry... that is so disrespectful and can turn a good day upside down for anyone. It has happened to me about a dozen times and the softy that I am I have NEVER charged a late fee. I can understand traffic here and there, but c'mon... when it becomes a habit especially coming 45 min. late after you've already closed. I would have a serious talk with the dcp's and I would copy your contract and highlight where it states your late fees and just remind them of your policies. If it continues to happen I really like the way "missnikki" has it worded with the 3rd late pick up penalty.

Good luck!! Happy Friday tomorrow!!!!!
katie 05:03 PM 01-20-2011
You got that right. TGIF!!!!
Tags:late payment
Reply Up