Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Approach Families When Daycare Is Overbooked
Unregistered 12:28 PM 09-13-2012
Hi there,
I'm on our local daycare board and we are facing the problem that after school began schedules changed and now we have too many kids on our hands due to building capacity. How would you approach your families about this to remedy the problem so that the State doesn't get to us first? We are in the process of starting an expansion to the building. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many of our families are sibblings so it is tough.
cheerfuldom 01:04 PM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi there,
I'm on our local daycare board and we are facing the problem that after school began schedules changed and now we have too many kids on our hands due to building capacity. How would you approach your families about this to remedy the problem so that the State doesn't get to us first? We are in the process of starting an expansion to the building. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many of our families are sibblings so it is tough.
Why would you approach the families first? are you looking for people to voluntarily give up spots? what are the parents going to do about this issue but panic and start calling the state?

since the expansion will take awhile, you will have to decide what families to give notice to in order to continue running within regulations. another option is to increase rates and the spots go to the first number of families that reply with a newly signed contract and payment accordingly. since the demand is there, it makes sense.

you cant keep everyone so it looks like this your problem to solve. i would try to provide some resources for parents to look for alternate care if possible but you dont have to do that.
Reply Up