Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding Spots?
JeepGirl6 06:52 AM 06-05-2013
I have lost about $800 in monthly because I have had 3 parents change their child care plans of keeping me after we moved into our new house. After the 1st week they decided the drive was too far for them...I have been trying to get children because having a baby on the way due in 8 weeks 5 days and moving into our new house,$$ is definitely a worry now when it wasn't before I lost kids. I have 3 potential interviews within the next week, two of them don't need child care to start until the last week of August( one will be 5 days a week, the other 4 days a week) and the 3rd parent is currently pregnant and won't need care to start until January/February and only needs child care 2 days a week. I need children now so I am so excited for these interviews but they don't help me now. The one that only needs child care 2 days a week, I don't know if I should even take this infant because its only 2 days a week and the days will change every week because the mother is a nurse, taking up a full time spot. It will be nice having slow days up until the baby is born. The 2 children that will start the last week of August, my baby boy will be 3 weeks old. I am still trying to find other children that can start right now but what do you do to HOLD a spot? Do you just give them your word and hope they start with you when they say? A deposit and signed contract? What do you do? I have never held a spot for someone before....If I don't find other children, I don't mind keeping the spots for the August parents, but if I start getting calls for child care needed now, Do you take them if I am holding spots? Thanks!
Cradle2crayons 07:14 AM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
I have lost about $800 in monthly because I have had 3 parents change their child care plans of keeping me after we moved into our new house. After the 1st week they decided the drive was too far for them...I have been trying to get children because having a baby on the way due in 8 weeks 5 days and moving into our new house,$$ is definitely a worry now when it wasn't before I lost kids. I have 3 potential interviews within the next week, two of them don't need child care to start until the last week of August( one will be 5 days a week, the other 4 days a week) and the 3rd parent is currently pregnant and won't need care to start until January/February and only needs child care 2 days a week. I need children now so I am so excited for these interviews but they don't help me now. The one that only needs child care 2 days a week, I don't know if I should even take this infant because its only 2 days a week and the days will change every week because the mother is a nurse, taking up a full time spot. It will be nice having slow days up until the baby is born. The 2 children that will start the last week of August, my baby boy will be 3 weeks old. I am still trying to find other children that can start right now but what do you do to HOLD a spot? Do you just give them your word and hope they start with you when they say? A deposit and signed contract? What do you do? I have never held a spot for someone before....If I don't find other children, I don't mind keeping the spots for the August parents, but if I start getting calls for child care needed now, Do you take them if I am holding spots? Thanks!
If its going to be more than two weeks before they arrive to physically fill the position, my parents pay their two week deposit, plus half rate every week, or they can pay every month, until they fill the spot. I rarely have this happen though.
hgonzalez 07:22 AM 06-05-2013
If I am holding a pot for more than 2 weeks out, I take a deposit equivalent to 2 weeks of daycare fees. I cash the check right away. If they do start daycare as planned, then it pays for week 3 and 4 of care. If they do not, I keep the deposit. If I cancel the arrangement for any reason, then I return the deposit in full.

I write up an agreement stating all of the above.
hgonzalez 07:23 AM 06-05-2013
I meant holding a 'spot' not a 'pot'...lol!
Reply Up