Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Moving And Need Some Brainstorming Ideas
MCC 11:36 AM 06-04-2014
I am moving from DC to Va beach sometime in the next year. My only income is daycare. I run an extremely successful program, and money is not an issue, however, I do not have 6 months of income stock piled at the moment, so I am looking for some ideas from all of you.

I am assuming it will take me about 6 months to become full in the new location, so somehow, I have to figure out how to make ends meet during that time.

Options I have thought of:

Renting a tiny condo and starting small, and then moving when I build up clientele.

Having an employee run my current childcare while I fill spots, this avoids loosing income, but it means I have to pay 2 people at the current daycare, and I'm not sure I can afford that for very long. Also, per licensing, I can only use a sub for a total of 8 weeks in a year.

Switching from a Family home to a Center at my current childcare, and keeping this one open. The problem here is that the rent is so high, I'm not sure I could handle the rent at both places until I am full at the new place. I thought about renting out a room to my current assistant to help cover some of that cost, but I'm not sure it's an option.

Is there anything I am missing? has anyone moved on daycare income only? It's terrifying.

Also- does anyone live in Virginia beach and have any advice on rates?
TIA!
Reply Up