Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stress
Unregistered 08:35 AM 01-16-2015
What do you do to help with stressful/overwhelming days? I have had a whirlwind of things happen to me in my personal life this week and I am feeling so stressed out and overwhelmed dealing with them and to top it off my dcks are wild. I'm so thankful it's Friday but am wondering what you do to get through the days when you are overwhelmed and stressed?
Annalee 08:53 AM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What do you do to help with stressful/overwhelming days? I have had a whirlwind of things happen to me in my personal life this week and I am feeling so stressed out and overwhelmed dealing with them and to top it off my dcks are wild. I'm so thankful it's Friday but am wondering what you do to get through the days when you are overwhelmed and stressed?
Take a deep breath and use your support system....this forum will work or I also have 3 close daycare friends in surrounding counties whom I will text or call and just say "hey, I need a boost for the day".....usually things don't sound so bad and I can see light at the end of the tunnels when i just empty it all out to these friends.....Just remember "this too shall pass"..... I have other family and friends but most do NOT understand the stress that can come with home daycare and state guidelines in and of itself so when you add outside stress it is a double whammy.
daycarediva 09:03 AM 01-16-2015
I am REALLY good at letting things go and working well. If I am stressed, the kids pick up on it and act out, too! Take a deep breath, toss yourself in time out and then put on some upbeat music and dance with the littles, hands down best work-time stress relief there is.
Josiegirl 09:58 AM 01-16-2015
I 2nd the music, it's the best thing to let go of some stress and refocus on the kids, get down and silly with them if you can. Crawl around and play peek-a-boo with them. Anything that gets you out of your mindset and lets you hear their sounds of giggles and happiness. I can understand how hard it is, especially when the kids are NOT having their best day either.
midaycare 10:31 AM 01-16-2015
I third the music. Get really involved with their play. Give lots of hugs - that means you get them back, which is a natural stress reliever.
AuntTami 04:10 PM 01-16-2015
I fourth the music

I was having an absolute terrible day this morning. Even my sweetest, most favorite kiddo was driving me up the wall today for some reason. I had put myself in a time out 3 times by 10am because I was coming close to yelling and I don't yell, except in emergencies/extreme situations. I figured if I couldn't get myself together before nap was over, I would have to call for early pick-ups because I would lose my mind. About 10:30 I decided to play "I think I wanna marry you" because the song makes me happy. We jammed to that song over and over and over again. I danced, they danced, we danced together, they danced with each other, everyone had a BALL! And by the end, I was in such a great mood and felt SO much better! They don't care what the music is, as long as it's not profanity etc., turn it on, rock out and feel better!
Tags:overwhelmed, stress
Reply Up