Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids Learning
kcnjason 12:54 PM 09-12-2011
Do you ever feel like you don't teach your d/c kids enough? I have 2-3 year olds and they don't really like to sit and sing songs or read books. My idea is to be repetitive with some songs so they begin to learn them. I often feel like they don't learn as much from me as is expected. Does anybody have the same issue? Are there any certain things your children go home with? such as songs? rhymes? etc????
Meeko 01:13 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by kcnjason:
Do you ever feel like you don't teach your d/c kids enough? I have 2-3 year olds and they don't really like to sit and sing songs or read books. My idea is to be repetitive with some songs so they begin to learn them. I often feel like they don't learn as much from me as is expected. Does anybody have the same issue? Are there any certain things your children go home with? such as songs? rhymes? etc????
The children are learning every time they pick up a toy. Don't sweat it. I used to worry non-stop about providing learning moments for the kids. Now I just enjoy them!!! They are toddlers....lots of time for school later in life.

Albert Einstein:
"I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. ..."
tbutler 04:37 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
The children are learning every time they pick up a toy. Don't sweat it. I used to worry non-stop about providing learning moments for the kids. Now I just enjoy them!!! They are toddlers....lots of time for school later in life.

Albert Einstein:
"I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. ..."

Great quote Meeko!
Reply Up