Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Water Painting/White Crayons
kcnjason 02:57 PM 10-24-2011
I drew ghosts with white crayon on white papers and had the kids use water paints and it didn't seem to work very well. Is there a trick to it??? Is there a certain paper I should use, like a high gloss? I'm not sure why the ghosts don't appear very well through the paint. I did push hard with the crayon and still no luck
Country Kids 03:04 PM 10-24-2011
We tried this awhile back with something and it didn't work either! I was very disapointe because I have seen it work-.
SilverSabre25 03:06 PM 10-24-2011
Maybe instead of watercolors, it would work better with tempera paints? You could possibly water the temperas down a lot if it would work better.
kendallina 04:03 PM 10-24-2011
It works with watercolors, but it has to be a certain kind of white crayon. I think the cheapo ones (Roseart) work better than crayola. I've had it work before, but can't remember which crayon I used.
bice99 09:58 PM 10-24-2011
Are you coloring on black paper? You can do that and then use a mixture of epsom salt and water to do the wash. It will make crystals for the starry sky Works well at Christmas time for snowmen on a blue background.

Oil pastels work the best.
Tags:crayons, water painting
Reply Up