Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Neighbors
jokalima 03:11 PM 06-06-2013
I never have problem with them, hardly know them. Today apparently they had visitors ( come somewhat frequently ) While I was with kiddos outside I could hear them being very loud, and this is 2 houses away. The way they were acting led me to think that something would happen,like kids hearing bad words for example, but that did not happen, what did happen was that when DCM got out of her car they started to psst at her and then told her she was cute. She did not tell me she was angry about it but obviously did not like it and told me that she really does not like to be psst at. I felt embarrassed and upset because my visitors/customers deserve respect. Would you let it go or would you address this with neighbors?
Cat Herder 04:27 PM 06-06-2013
I'd address it with their wives and mothers....

But, yes, it will need to be addressed. Something like this can ruin your business pretty quickly.

Half the battle in advertising is proving you provide a pleasant place for little people to spend their days.

If Moms are worried about creepers and scrubs lurking about, that will be hard to pull off, IMHO.
originalkat 04:32 PM 06-06-2013
I Agree.
AmyKidsCo 08:34 PM 06-06-2013
If it was the neighbors I'd address it, but if it was the neighbor's visitors I'd wait and hope they didn't visit again. If it did I'd address it then.
daycarediva 04:34 AM 06-07-2013
Oh I absolutely would have addressed it that evening. "I don't care what you do on your property, but you will show respect to the people that are on my property."

that is SOOOO rude!
jokalima 09:27 AM 06-07-2013
Thanks, I was really bothered because then that same person drove by on his car and in a very sick/rude way almost got half of his body out of window to look at dcm. I want my families to feel good when at my premises and this is just not acceptable. Thing is I've shared a few words only with those neighbors so not sure how to approach them.... Maybe i will just send my husband.
MyAngels 12:50 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by jokalima:
Maybe i will just send my husband.
We had a similar problem once - only they were addressing my daughter. I sent my DH and two of his biggest, burliest friends. My DH expressed that it was not appropriate to speak to a teenage girl in that manner. It was never a problem again.
Reply Up