Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Illinois State By-Laws?
Stepping 09:50 AM 06-22-2016
I haven't been on the forum for a while as I'm busy trying to get my first (very small) center open. You ladies (and gentlemen) have always been so helpful in the past!
I had my first license visit with illinois dcfs today and the rep said I need to provide 'by-laws' for my corporation. I don't have any by-laws so she told me to google it!

Does anyone in Illinois know what my by-laws should include? Dcfs won't put my application on the system until they've received the by-laws
LysesKids 10:04 AM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by Stepping:
I haven't been on the forum for a while as I'm busy trying to get my first (very small) center open. You ladies (and gentlemen) have always been so helpful in the past!
I had my first license visit with illinois dcfs today and the rep said I need to provide 'by-laws' for my corporation. I don't have any by-laws so she told me to google it!

Does anyone in Illinois know what my by-laws should include? Dcfs won't put my application on the system until they've received the by-laws
I know in certain states, when you file your business name they ask how the business is structured (LLC, Partnership or Corporation), they then require you file by laws & other pertinent info before the name is considered yours... this includes who gets served court documents (like resident agent), addresses & how you plan on updating company documents. When I filed my Soap Co in AR it had samples online on what was required for LLC or Corporations
DaveA 04:27 AM 06-23-2016
Did you use an attorney to set up the corporation? If so you might want to give them a call. They can tell you what would need to be in them to meet requirements. You can also search "sample day care center by-laws" and read a couple and go from there. They don't have to be long, drawn out things, but there are some points that have to be in them.
Stepping 06:30 PM 06-23-2016
I found a standard template online. Thanks for the suggestions.
Tags:by-laws, center license, dcfs, illinois
Reply Up