Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Know You're Exhausted (And A Mom) When...
Daycare_Mama 10:22 AM 12-21-2010
you put the kids down for naps, make yourself something to eat, sit at the counter to eat your lunch, and 10 minutes goes by before you realize you are watching Sesame Street. by yourself. as a 26 year old.
laundrymom 10:29 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by Daycare_Mama:
you put the kids down for naps, make yourself something to eat, sit at the counter to eat your lunch, and 10 minutes goes by before you realize you are watching Sesame Street. by yourself. as a 26 year old.
rofl!!!!!!! lol.
melskids 10:34 AM 12-21-2010
when you tell people when you have to go potty

when you cut you hubby's food into tiny pieces and tell him "chew please"

when youre in line at the grocery store rocking your cart to quiet the baby...and there's no baby
ammama 11:14 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
when you tell people when you have to go potty

when you cut you hubby's food into tiny pieces and tell him "chew please"

when youre in line at the grocery store rocking your cart to quiet the baby...and there's no baby
I've rocked my cart too! people look at me like i'm nuts.
kitkat 11:36 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by ammama:
I've rocked my cart too! people look at me like i'm nuts.
I did that with the empty wagon the other day while I was talking with my brother and the kids were playing in the snow!

You're driving by yourself and don't realize that you are listening to the kids' songs.
busymomof2 12:41 PM 12-21-2010
You can name all the cartoons and the characters names.
When you talk a strangers ear off because it's the first adult conversation you had all day.
melskids 04:32 PM 12-21-2010
i could tell you something, but its really kinda embarrassing....

once when i was pumping BM i couldnt figure out why it wasnt pumping right. turns out i was holding an empty baby bottle on my boob. i somehow managed to hook it up backwards...

talk about exhausted.
Childminder 04:41 PM 12-21-2010
..when you find you are using a toddlers vocabulary while talking to adults, ie: Owie boo boo, blankie, sippy, etc...

and if we go out to a restaurant my husband is happy if I don't cut his food into tiny pieces.
SilverSabre25 07:02 PM 12-21-2010
you're sitting in the rocking chair while DD falls asleep, and end up falling asleep yourself, right there in the chair, for a whopping two hours!

bonus points if you get up and come out to the kitchen and end up finishing your child's dinner
MarinaVanessa 07:22 AM 12-22-2010
When your husband brings home the baby's prescription and when you read the label you wonder why they would put the baby's prescription under your husbands name and then realize that ... oh yeah, you named the baby after your husband. .

Really, this happened yesterday. I feel like an idiot.
laundrymom 11:14 AM 12-22-2010
Lolmarina, you deserve a nap. Lol
katie 11:16 AM 12-22-2010
When on Saturday at 6:45 you jump up and start scrambling to greet dk kids and realized it's Saturday. But that is a great feeling...back to bed! Or, when you put the milk in the pantry. I cut my father-in-law's food for him when he came over for dinner once. He laughed hysterically.
Francine 11:33 AM 12-22-2010
I think this is from just spending to much time with kids but last night I was at JcPenneys and I was going down the stairs from the third floor to the second and almost ran into a lady coming up, the first thing out of my mouth was "whoop a doodles" I'm sure she thought I was nuts
sahm1225 03:35 PM 12-22-2010
when you go out for a date night all nice and dressed up.... and suddenly look down and realize you are carrying your ugly diaper bag as a purse!
melissa ann 03:58 PM 12-22-2010
Talking to myself in a public place when I have no kids in tow with me.

Saying I have to use the potty. Or if hubby gets up from the couch, I"m like are you going potty?

Forgetting to get out of my crocs when I'm running errands. I wear them around the house to get the mail/leave the dog out. etc and forget to put something warmer on when I leave the house.
gbcc 07:20 PM 12-22-2010
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
Forgetting to get out of my crocs when I'm running errands. I wear them around the house to get the mail/leave the dog out. etc and forget to put something warmer on when I leave the house.
Oh my gosh! Everytime I leave the house lately I have done that. I don't usually realize until I get home and go to put them on!!

I laughed so hard about the TV one though! I can't tell you how many times I sat down to breathe and realized I was watching children's cartoons and actually feeling relaxed and entertained!
Daycare_Mama 09:04 AM 12-23-2010
I love all of these! lol I do so many of them!

Especially accidentally bringing the diaper bag as my purse!!!
DBug 11:16 AM 12-23-2010
Okay -- you know you're tired when it takes a hour and 50 minutes to realize that the naptime music has been stuck on repeat the entire time!

I JUST clued in that my sleeping dc kids have listened to the same song approximately 22 times .

And I've been listening the entire time too
Unregistered 11:19 AM 12-23-2010
I can't even count the number of times that I've said I had to go potty instead of saying that I need to use the restroom.
QualiTcare 02:00 AM 12-25-2010
when you're almost to work and you realize your child is still in the car....

i know this doesn't relate to current DC providers, but many of you have worked outside the home, i know.

i had a routine for a long time of taking my children to daycare before work. one morning, i was just thinking about a lot of things on the way to work - i was almost there (literally, about to pull in) when i realized i hadn't dropped my son off ACROSS TOWN at daycare.

something else i did when i was a brand new mom is jerk my head around in a panic to look in the back seat bc i was afraid i'd left my daughter in her carseat sitting in the driveway/parking lot/wherever. of course, i never did. i had plenty of heart stopping moments though!
melissa ann 04:00 PM 12-26-2010
Not caring when you have spit up on your shirt. (or hair)
Running to the store and not even bothering to check your hair.
Before I had kids, I would not leave the house unless my hair was styled. Now 2 kids later, I'm just lucky to run my comb through it. I only use my curling iron/hair spray when we go to church and not even for that half the time anymore. I'd rather sleep a few minutes more.
Blackcat31 07:12 AM 12-27-2010
Without a word, I licked my thumb and tried to remove some toothpaste from my DS face...he stopped me in the nick of time and said, "Umm, what are you doing?" He is 19.
Tags:exhausted
Reply Up