Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Show Interview
cillybean83 08:34 AM 01-03-2011
I had a 10:30 interview, no call no show, so I called a few minutes ago and she was like "oh yeah, I guess I should have called, I interviewed someone Saturday and they're willing to come watch the kids at my house, but if she doesn't work out i'll give you a call."

Yeah, I'll pass. A daycare parent who doesn't call to cancel will be a PITA in all other areas too.

On to the next interview!
momofboys 08:44 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
I had a 10:30 interview, no call no show, so I called a few minutes ago and she was like "oh yeah, I guess I should have called, I interviewed someone Saturday and they're willing to come watch the kids at my house, but if she doesn't work out i'll give you a call."

Yeah, I'll pass. A daycare parent who doesn't call to cancel will be a PITA in all other areas too.

On to the next interview!
Very annoying & inconsiderate on her part. Glad she didn't show up for your sake! I think someone on here said they make parents call the day of said intervidew to confirm it & if they don't receive a confirmation call they consider said interview cancelled. I think that was an excellent idea!
SilverSabre25 08:44 AM 01-03-2011
Ugh, I hate no show interviews. I've had SO MANY of those. It drives me batty, absolutely batty. Sorry you had to deal with that!
cillybean83 09:00 AM 01-03-2011
I get a LOT of them too, I have another interview at 1pm, so we'll see if she shows up or not.
Little People 09:11 AM 01-03-2011
I keep a call log of people who has called me. On the log I keep their name, child/children's names, ages, hours needed, their phone number and any notes. I also had a lady schedule an interview and was a "No Show", so I logged beside her name that she was a no show. Well 4 weeks later she called me again and wanted to schedule an interview. I don't know if she did not remember scheduling with me or just thought I would not remember. I scheduled the interview again, and this time she called to say she was going to another daycare first and would be here about 12:30. Well first...I don't think so!! And second this is my nap time. But I decided that this would not be a good parent in my daycare. But I told her to come at 12:30. I had NO plans of interviewing her. She came at 1:30 and I met her before she could ring the doorbell and she said "I decided to stop at a second daycare before I came here". I said "That is great because I filled the spot 10 minutes ago!". She said "But I did not like the other 2 daycares". I then told her that she should of came on her first interview 4 weeks ago!! The look on her face was "priceless".

I believe she took other childcare the previous 4 weeks ago, and already skipped out on them or they kicked her or child out.
DCMom 09:15 AM 01-03-2011
That is just rude. Don't people have common courtesy anymore?
Abigail 09:19 AM 01-03-2011
Little People....for one I like your user name here, but for two--that was so funny! I hope I have the guts to stand up from the beginning. Too Funny! I need to create a "Call Log" Do you have something typed up and hanging by the phone or do you just write it in a notebook?
Little People 09:36 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Little People....for one I like your user name here, but for two--that was so funny! I hope I have the guts to stand up from the beginning. Too Funny! I need to create a "Call Log" Do you have something typed up and hanging by the phone or do you just write it in a notebook?
Here is what I use:
New Client Phone Interview Log:
Date: ___/___/___
Name: ______________________________________
Address: ________________________________________________________________________
Fax: ____________________________________
E-mail: ________________________________
Child(ren)'s Names: Ages:
1-________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2-________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3-________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Parents Hours Worked:
Mother- ______________________________________
Father- ______________________________________
Hours of care Needed:
From:________________________ To:___________________________
Start Date Needed: ______________________________________________________________
Interview Scheduled? yes_____ no_____ Date______________ Time_________________
Materials Mailed or Faxed? yes_____ no_____ Date_______________________________________

I hope I am allowed to post this, but I get a lot of my forms from www.thedaycarelady.com

Her forms helped me so much when I started, I copied them out and then typed my own adding and deleting things. I use the above but typed them so I can get 2 to a page and then I have a cute basket I keep them in.

I can be bold when I need to , I find that my parents respect me me more. But I am also loving and very caring provider. I have in years past had parents ask me to do things that I knew would not work and they keep asking and getting on my nerves, so I say " I could use your help here after you get off work and I would like to see you do these things", then I would say "are you willing to commit for the next 2 weeks", that shuts them up
But I have to say I have EXCELLENT parents right now!! I was open last Friday and not one parent brought their child, they all said I deserved the day off!
Cat Herder 09:41 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
"oh yeah, I guess I should have called, I interviewed someone Saturday and they're willing to come watch the kids at my house, but if she doesn't work out i'll give you a call."
Bet they want housework, too

Keep her number because she will be calling again...as soon as her house gets treated like ours do and her provider does not have to put in those extra two hours cleaning up from the day every night...
countrymom 09:50 AM 01-03-2011
I get alot of them too, I got tired of waiting in the evening for people to show up, so now I intreview during my hours, they need to play by my rules, I usually can tell if they will be a good fit, just mention the word "contract" and see what kind of a response you get and then you will know if they are a good fit.
Lucy 06:15 PM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I hope I am allowed to post this, but I get a lot of my forms from www.thedaycarelady.com

Her forms helped me so much when I started, I copied them out and then typed my own adding and deleting things. I use the above but typed them so I can get 2 to a page and then I have a cute basket I keep them in.
The link did not work for me. It says it's the administrative page.
Little People 03:35 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by Joyce:

I just went to her site and got the same thing , hopefully it is a internet glitch and will be working again soon. She has 100's of great forms!
marniewon 05:23 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:

I just went to her site and got the same thing , hopefully it is a internet glitch and will be working again soon. She has 100's of great forms![/quote]

I've been to that website and it is really a great source of information! I've taken forms from there and tweaked them for my own use. Love that site! Hope this is just a glitch also!
E Daycare 10:50 AM 01-04-2011
I had to reschedule a interview last week Thursday because I had some huried sounding mother call wanting a interview that she no call/no showed to. That irritated me because I moved a perfectly good couple that actally showed up on time. I could've lost that interview because I made special arrangments for that goof. So now, I make now speacial time changes and figure someone who is gonna flake on the interview would not be my ideal parent.

I was iffy from the go too seeing how our phone call lasted maybe a minute. I have a lot of no responses to emails too. I figure their loss because a lot of parents that actually come in to interview and see how things are here sign paperwork right then and there.
broncomom1973 11:03 AM 01-04-2011
I had someone do this to me last summer- July 2nd during our towns festival. My own kiddos wanted to go to the carnival that night and we sat around an extra 1/2 hour waiting for a no call, no show. Funny thing is, she called the next week and asked to interview (again) and I happily informed her that I had filled my position.
Tags:interview, interview no show
Reply Up