Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yeah! She's Not Going to Make it Past the Trial Period
sassysue 04:33 PM 08-11-2011
I always have a gut feeling about people. Sometimes I think to myself that I can't actually be correct 100% of the time.Nope! I am! I need to always go with my gut feeling. Every once in awhile I give in (I don't know why)
So anyway, new girl starts on Monday.
Day one-no diapers or shoes, nope go home and bring them back.
Day two-20 minutes early, had to remind her about her contracted hours.
Day three-has the nerve to drop off early again.
Day four-shows up during nap time. Reminded her that I don't allow pick up during nap time, but of course since she was here did she want me to wake him up."NO, just thought I'd stop in and visit" are you freaking kidding me
Oh wait, that's not all,n ever showed up to pick up her son, I had to call her emergency pick up. I left a message with her to call me asap. It's 7:30 p.m. and I haven't heard anything back.Thank you but no thank you. NEXT!!!!
flightlessbird11 04:42 PM 08-11-2011
Originally Posted by sassysue:
I always have a gut feeling about people.Sometimes I think to myself that I can't actually be correct 100% of the time.Nope! I am! I need to always go with my gut feeling. Every once in awhile I give in (i don't know why)
So anyway,new girl starts on Monday.
Day one-no diapers or shoes,nope go home and bring them back.
Day two-20 minutes early,had to remind her about her contracted hours.
Day three-has the nerve to drop off early again.
Day four-shows up during nap time.Reminded her that I don't allow pick up during nap time,but of course since she was here did she want me to wake him up."NO,just thought I'd stop in and visit" are you freaking kidding me
Oh wait,that's not all,never showed up to pick up her son,I had to call her emergency pick up.I left a message with her to call me asap.It's 7:30 p.m. and I haven't heard anything back.Thank you but no thank you.NEXT!!!!

Wow...that's all i got!
Squirrel 04:47 PM 08-11-2011
I would have sent her home day 3. I hope you're not letting her have a day 5!
broncomom1973 05:11 PM 08-11-2011
You're scaring me bad! I cant believe someone would behave like that, especially since they just started. That is completely insane!!!

I have a new girl starting tomorrow and I have tried to be very clear about my hours since the mom said dad would be dropping her off at 7:15. I said "I dont open until 7:30" and she said "oh, he will drop her off at 7:30 then". My gut tells me they will try to come earlier. I put in my contract that my door remains locked until 7:30, no sense in trying to come on in as I am in the shower before then. We will see.
mom2many 05:18 PM 08-11-2011
WOW!!!! Are you serious?! This is just plain unreal!
Cat Herder 06:53 PM 08-11-2011
Sorry your week is not going well.
wdmmom 07:12 PM 08-11-2011
I really, really, really hope that you aren't allowing them back tomorrow!
Crazy8 07:28 PM 08-11-2011
yikes!! In 10 years I have never had a parent like that. I guess its better that they show their true colors now though.
sassysue 07:59 PM 08-11-2011
Originally Posted by Squirrel:
I would have sent her home day 3. I hope you're not letting her have a day 5!
I don't think so! I won't get paid but who cares.I should let her bring him tomorrow and then give her the termination papers tomorrow at pick up, but who know if she'll even pay or pick her kid up?
LittleD 08:06 PM 08-11-2011
Originally Posted by sassysue:
I don't think so! I won't get paid but who cares.I should let her bring him tomorrow and then give her the termination papers tomorrow at pick up, but who know if she'll even pay or pick her kid up?
Thats why if I ever go private, payment will have to be made in advance! I hope I never have to go through something like that. What time was the kid picked up?
Christian Mother 10:04 PM 08-11-2011
Ohhh Lord!! Thats awful!!

It's almost Friday though!! I would like a update though to see if she trys bring her tomorrow morning. R you terming. You should change your payment system for the parents to pay you the beginning of the week at drop off instead of at pick up.
KEG123 08:47 AM 08-12-2011
Oh man... that's gotta be the worst.
MarinaVanessa 09:01 AM 08-12-2011
Wow, did DCM show up to pick DCB up or who ended up getting him and what time was he picked up? If DCM picked him up yesterday I would have told her not to bother coming the next day, either that or let her show up this morning and handed her a termination letter and not let her in . Sometimes inconsiderate people need to get a taste of their medicine to get the point.

KUP on what happens today. I'm curious as to what their excuse was for picking up late etc. Not to mention that they don't have reliable emergency contacts either. Did the emergency contact ever call you back? Talk about an all around nightmare .
wdmmom 09:14 AM 08-12-2011
What is the follow up on this?!
daycare 11:01 AM 08-12-2011
wow and I thought I had the parent that would be given the worst DCP alive award, NOPE it goes to yours..

Well at least you found out now instead of getting your emotions and feelings invested......
sassysue 03:05 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
What is the follow up on this?!
Wow!! Just Wow! I really did think I've heard and seen it all.My mother ran a daycare for 35 years So I've seen alot.
I personally am a hard@*% so I've only dealt with one other parent like this since I've been open(10 years)
Her emergency person picked up @ 5:50p.m.,so 20 minutes late.
Guess who dropped her off this morning-THE SAME GIRL!!!
She said that she never got a hold of her the whole night."Could I please take him just for today,she had to go to work."
I was actually so shocked I had to sit down,luckily he was the first one to arrive today so I asked her a few questions and tried to get as much information as I could.I asked her if she had called the police to report her missing,called her parents,anything.
Her response"No,because she does this alot"
Oh really!! I took him and called the police and dhs so fast that she wasn't even out of the drive way yet.
They came out and took him into custody around 9a.m.
I think I need a drink after today.I'm so upset and pissed off at the same time!!! I have no idea what is going to become of this whole mess. ALWAYS GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCT!
Blackcat31 03:11 PM 08-12-2011
Good for you for calling DHS! That's incredible that a person would simply abandon their child like that....especially at a new daycare where they aren't even long term clients yet. (not that it is better if they were, but still!!! )
mom2many 04:17 PM 08-12-2011
That poor child! I cannot imagine a parent doing that...
Kaddidle Care 05:03 PM 08-12-2011
I was going to say that maybe she got in an accident or something. - until I read the part that "she does this a lot".

Not good - sound like Mom is a druggie.
SandeeAR 05:35 PM 08-12-2011
WOW. But just curious. How old was the child?
sassysue 06:09 PM 08-12-2011
He is one.I am so sad for him.He loves to cuddle and looks just like my little brothers when they were little.Longer brown curly hair,big brown eyes with long eyelashes.Has him self a little tan he is adorable.It makes me so sad because we cannot have a child and to see this makes me so upset.I'm going to go to bed and try not to think about it
cheerfuldom 07:35 AM 08-13-2011
that is so shocking but you did the right thing. I cannot imagine not being able to track down mom for the whole night!!!! update again if you hear what happens with this
SilverSabre25 07:37 AM 08-13-2011
Oh my! I feel so bad for that little boy and am glad you did the right thing.
DCMom 07:54 AM 08-13-2011
That poor little boy. This kind of thing makes me so angry for so many different reasons

You did the right thing, I hope you have a nice weekend!
Tags:deposit, terminate, trial period
Reply Up