Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Before/After School
jokalima 05:11 PM 06-14-2013
Hello,

Maybe this is a silly question but I have never done b/a school and know very little about it. When providers charge for it, they say for example 80.00 a week for just the afternoon or the morning or for morning and afternoon combined?
jokalima 06:13 PM 06-14-2013
and also, do you charge different for school vac time?
Cradle2crayons 07:04 PM 06-14-2013
I charge $50 a week for after school. I don't do before school. I give a snack and do homework except extra reading that's the parents job to do that and check additional homework.

If there is a school vacation and they want me to watch them, they do a drop in rate of $25 a day.
jokalima 05:32 AM 06-15-2013
Thanks! I there is a familly interested and I really need the extra $$ so I don't want to say no but don't want to make a mistake with $$ and what I offer. Thanks again!
Cradle2crayons 07:44 AM 06-15-2013
Originally Posted by jokalima:
Thanks! I there is a familly interested and I really need the extra $$ so I don't want to say no but don't want to make a mistake with $$ and what I offer. Thanks again!
Remember though, rates in your area may be different... They vary here for after school somewhere between $30 to $55 depending on the number of hours you actually have them etc. if parents provide snacks I charge a little less... Or if they are only here an hour a day I charge less etc.
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 06-15-2013
Originally Posted by jokalima:
Hello,

Maybe this is a silly question but I have never done b/a school and know very little about it. When providers charge for it, they say for example 80.00 a week for just the afternoon or the morning or for morning and afternoon combined?
I don't offer school age care other than daycare kids I have had in my program that age out and then I only keep them through Kindergarten.

Once they enter first grade I don't take them anymore at all.

I charge one flat rate of $60 per week.

It doesn't matter if they use the time or not. The rate stays the same.

If they need me on a no school day, the cost is $25 per day IN ADDITION to their regular flat rate of $60

We have LOTS of before and after school programs in my community and most my DCK's will move on to one of those programs once they begin school.

Usually for me, the only ones who stay in my care through Kindy are the ones who have siblings still in care.

I charge what I think is a pretty expensive rate because I really want the kids to move on once they begin school but understand if parents want to keep their kids all in once care place but since I am really not too keen on school ager's I feel the rate I charge makes it worth my time.
DaisyMamma 06:52 PM 06-17-2013
They are a lot of work.
They are very loud and crazy and need lots of free outdoor time.
They eat a lot more then the littles.
Whatever you're thinking of charging - double it
Good luck!
Reply Up