Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: What Brand Of Diapers Do You Prefer?
Huggies 9 50.00%
Luvs 2 11.11%
Pampers 2 11.11%
Cloth 3 16.67%
Kirkland 1 5.56%
Earth's Best 0 0%
Seventh Generation 1 5.56%
gDiapers 0 0%
Nature Babycare 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Which Diapers/Pull-Ups/Wipes Do You Prefer?
Daycare_Mama 08:45 AM 01-06-2011
Just curious.. which diapers, pull-ups, and wipes brands do you prefer and why?

Do you provide diapers or wipes for your dck's or do you make parents supply them?

I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING now (name brand and generic) and I like pampers diapers and easy-ups the best. My dcb poops ALL THE TIME and it's the only brand that consistently holds it in. And my daughter, on the other hand, pees a ton at night and pampers is the only thing she won't wet through. I do like BabiesRus brand pull-ups for daytime though.

I've found I like Huggies wipes the best. I find they come out one at time and so I use less than when I've tried pampers and target brand. I seem to waste more in those brands.

I provide wipes, but make the parents supply the diapers. However, I've thought about providing diapers and changing my rates a bit to reflect this.

What do you like best? What do you provide? Do you find that one brand of diaper works great for one kid and not for another? For those of you that provide diapers, do you find that parents like or dislike this?
AnythingsPossible 08:53 AM 01-06-2011
I purchase the sams club wipes, unscented for use in daycare. I choose to provide wipes as I use them for everything, and don't want to have to get each ones pack of wipes for all different things. If I were to provide diapers I would go with Luvs. They are what I used for my children, and I think they work fine for a good price. It kills me when parents buy the premium diapers, when I know cheaper ones work just as well. I have considered offering diapers because I can be a bit scatter brained and have forgotten a time or two to tell parents they were needed. I do keep a pack of diapers here in case of my forgetfulness, but depending on how much you charge for providing the service most parents would probably just prefer to bring their own.
Greenshadow 08:53 AM 01-06-2011
I do not provide wipes or diapers. The parent is responsible for this as every parent is different and has their own opinion on what they want for the children. I have one parent who does everything eco-friendly and organic so she uses the yellow packaged one. The name escapes me at the moment. I dont like the diapers as I feel they soak through easy but I do like the wipes. I also have a parent that brings Pampers wipes and diapers. I have no problem with either one. For my own children, I used Huggies. I love them and their wipes.
boysx5 09:02 AM 01-06-2011
I do buy wipes the parents supply the diapers I like pampers diapers the best and I also love their wipes but I buy walmart brand ones for use here they are cheaper and we go through quite a bit
Little People 09:11 AM 01-06-2011
My parents bring a thing of Huggie wipes the first of the month, but one of my dcm brings a large pack of Huggie wipes each month. My parents know we use them for the daycare on everyone. I bought the wal mart brand wipes and I hate them. They will not come out one at a time. I perfer the huggie wipes! One mom buys off brand diapers and I like them, another mom buys huggie pull-ups and last mom buys huggie diapers.
BentleysBands 09:16 AM 01-06-2011
I supply wipes and diapers. My parents love it. Its also less work for me and headaches when parents do not restock the cubby or forget. I do not use pullups. Waste of time and money. I buy only Pampers diapers or luvs. Wipes are Walmart brand or bjs
tenderhearts 09:19 AM 01-06-2011
I only supply wipes and I prefer huggies over any, I will spend a little more just to use those. As far as diapers all seem fine at least the ones my parents currently use.
Daycare_Mama 09:24 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
My parents bring a thing of Huggie wipes the first of the month, but one of my dcm brings a large pack of Huggie wipes. My parents know we use them for the daycare on everyone. I bought the wal mart brand wipes and I hate them. I perfer the huggie wipes! They will not come out one at a time. One mom buys off brand diapers and I like them, another mom buys huggie pull-ups and last mom buys huggie diapers.
LittlePeople..do you mean the walmart ones won't come out one at a time or huggies? My huggies come out one at a time and that's why I prefer them.
Little People 09:26 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Daycare_Mama:
LittlePeople..do you mean the walmart ones won't come out one at a time or huggies? My huggies come out one at a time and that's why I prefer them.
Sorry when I read my post again, it did'nt make since...lol I love the huggies. It is the wal mart ones that won't come out one at a time. (I will fix my post)
mickey2 09:49 AM 01-06-2011
I use either huggies or pampers depending which are on sale at the time. I will not buy anything other than huggies wipes. I provide all diapers, wipes, food, milk, juice, sippy cups, bottles etc....(I provide breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and also dinner for the children who are here past 4 30 as that is when my son has his dinner)

I also provide changes of clothing, jackets/slush pants/ snowsuits/swimsuits etc for my children. I have clothing for all of the children in each of their sizes. Its just easier for me to do it this way. I do not have to keep track of anything! It has worked perfectly for me for 5 years now and parents LOVE it!!!! All mom has to do in the morning is bring me the child and that's it! No bag to pack for her!
Blackcat31 09:56 AM 01-06-2011
Parents supply wipes and diapers although I do contribute to the wipe supply because I use them for hands and faces and little messes too. Parents bring any kind except generic because the generic do not last as long and are thin. I do allow Target generic because they seem alot thicker. My only request is to bring unscented because I have eczema on my hands and fragrances and scents bother me. Parents supply diapers (their choice on brand) but I keep extras too. I prefer not to use pull-ups but I don't like discouraging parents from starting to potty train by saying so their option.
countrymom 09:56 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
I use either huggies or pampers depending which are on sale at the time. I will not buy anything other than huggies wipes. I provide all diapers, wipes, food, milk, juice, sippy cups, bottles etc....(I provide breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and also dinner for the children who are here past 4 30 as that is when my son has his dinner)

I also provide changes of clothing, jackets/slush pants/ snowsuits/swimsuits etc for my children. I have clothing for all of the children in each of their sizes. Its just easier for me to do it this way. I do not have to keep track of anything! It has worked perfectly for me for 5 years now and parents LOVE it!!!! All mom has to do in the morning is bring me the child and that's it! No bag to pack for her!
thats exactly what I do, except I don't provide diapers, but everything else I provide. this way its easier than trying to remember who had what with them esp. now, I have gloves that come in and no one can remember who they belong too. also I don't need parents lugging in all sorts of stuff that I have no room for. I have 4 kids so I have ample supply of clothing in any size you want, even shoes. Food, same thing, its easier for me to feed them than having some children who ate breakfast, some who didn't, thats why the parents like it here, they don't have nothing to worry about. heck, at christmas time, dcp is a hairdresser gave all the kids free hair cuts for christmas, how awesome is that.
Unregistered 10:02 AM 01-06-2011
I do not provide wipes and diapers the parents do. I like huggies, luvs, or target wipes they hold up good these are what I used for my kids and I love luvs diapers this is also what I used on my kids. 1 parent puts their kid in luvs and the other child is cloth diapered they are all in one cloth diapers its just like changing a regular diaper and its less trash for my house.
Blackcat31 10:23 AM 01-06-2011
I don't get parents who bring generic diapers to my house and yet I notice when the child arrives they have on a name brand one...always makes me wonder what they think I do with the diapers they supply...it is their kid still who is wearing the diaper. If the parent thinks they should wear a name brand diaper at home why don't they get the same one here? It isn't like I'm using them so they are just being cheap because they have to share...no one shares diapers. Each child has their own cubbie/basket in bathroom with their things labeled. I never understood that. I suppose they could be wearing different ones because night time peeing is different than daytime peeing (?) I dunno...just makes me wonder...
MarinaVanessa 10:31 AM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by :
Just curious.. which diapers, pull-ups, and wipes brands do you prefer and why?
I prefer the Pampers brand as I have had no issue with them leaking pee or poo. As for wipes I prefer the Kirkland brand (Costco) because they are thick like the Huggies brand and come out one at a time instead of like 4 at a time and they are moist. I also like them because their smell is light. They are also very inexpensive since you buy them in bulk. I also get my Pampers diapers from Costco. I should add that this is for my own child.

Originally Posted by :
Do you provide diapers or wipes for your dck's or do you make parents supply them?
Parent's supply their child's diapers and wipes. That way if they have a preference then they can provide them.
E Daycare 10:31 AM 01-06-2011
I dont supply diapers or wipes as they become a added cost with 3 little ones needed to be changed all the time. The parents supply for their kids and I have one kid who has generic walgreens and the other in pampers diapers and huggies wipes. I prefer huggies wipes for my son as target brand diapers. I tried pampers but he blistered. I go in assuming a parent has their own take on diapers and wipes and just ask for them when needed. I dont want to worry about allergic reactions and what not, especially since my own kid has sensitive skin. I just go with "the parent knows best" (which isnt always true but...) and let them provide.
kitkat 10:40 AM 01-06-2011
Parents supply their own diapers and wipes. I prefer the Target brand wipes. I've found they clean up messes (diaper and other) nicely. I don't like the Pampers wipes for cleaning up other messes like craft stuff. My Target ones do much better. As far as diapers, it just depends on the kid. DD was a VERY chunky baby with ultra-sensitive skin. We found the best diapers for her were Huggies. We've tried to switch a few times to Target brand and Luv's, but she had reactions to both. DS did fine in both Luvs and Target brand.
renodeb 11:11 AM 01-06-2011
I supply both diapers and wipes, I got tired of the parents taking 2 and 3 weeks to bring in supplies. I like luvs diapers and sams club wipes. I provide most of the stuff because the parents are always forgetting things
Debbie
Missani 11:49 AM 01-06-2011
I supply wipes and parents supply diapers.

I use the "Sensitive" Pampers wipes because they are unscented and I don't have to worry about skin issues. I know a lot of people like Huggies wipes, but when my DS4 was young, I couldn't find an unscented version. Do they have one? I would be willing to try it. My other issue with Huggies wipes was that they seemed so wet (like wring them out wet). Did I just have a bad batch or are they like that? My only complaint about the Pampers wipes is that they come out so many at a time or that they fall into the package and you can't get any out. Just curious. Really, my whole family uses Huggies wipes and most of my friends, too, so they must be good.

For my kids, I use/d Pampers diapers. They used to be fabulous. Then they changed their formula in the "Cruisers" and they make my DS blister, too. I've tried Huggies, Target brand, Babies R Us brand and I don't like any of them. Now I have to use the Baby Dry Pampers (which are cheaper but less absorbant) or the Sensitive Pampers (which are wonderful but expensive-and according to my DS who is 20 mos. they are inferior because they don't have Elmo on them!) A friend gave me a few Luvs to try and the 2 I tried were great, but they don't carry them at Babies R Us, which is where my hubby works part time and it's so convenient to have him pick them up.

As far as my DCK: one uses Pampers Cruisers, my DS uses Pampers Baby Dry, one uses Huggies or Pampers (must be whichever is on sale as it varies) and one uses Seventh Generation. I don't like the Seventh Generation. I know they are good for the environment, but they feel like cardboard! Ick! I couldn't put my baby in a cardboard diaper. Besides, they are brown so they look nasty, too. Really, though, I don't care what they bring and have no problem using any of them. I'm just glad they bring them.
My Lil' Monkeys 05:11 PM 01-06-2011
My parents supply diapers and wipes. I supply more wipes and prefer the Costco brand as I get a TON of wipes and they work well, too. I LOVE Target brand wipes and used them for the first year for my second son. My first son, I used Huggies Supreme diapers (he was very very sensitive to other brands) and my second son, I have only used plain Huggies < love them! My parents use Target brand and Huggies.
SilverSabre25 07:42 PM 01-06-2011
I like Target wipes and Target dipes. Hee hee, that rhymes. We never used pull-ups with DD so I can't speak for those.

I should say, I provide wipes, and parents supply diapers.
MyAngels 08:13 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't get parents who bring generic diapers to my house and yet I notice when the child arrives they have on a name brand one...always makes me wonder what they think I do with the diapers they supply...it is their kid still who is wearing the diaper. If the parent thinks they should wear a name brand diaper at home why don't they get the same one here? It isn't like I'm using them so they are just being cheap because they have to share...no one shares diapers. Each child has their own cubbie/basket in bathroom with their things labeled. I never understood that. I suppose they could be wearing different ones because night time peeing is different than daytime peeing (?) I dunno...just makes me wonder...
I've had this, too. I guess I don't get the reasoning. I can understand wearing inexpensive play clothes here as they sometimes get paint, dirt, grass stains, etc. on them, but I don't get the cheap diapers for daycare thing.
nannyde 03:28 AM 01-07-2011
Oh I understand it.

They know that the cheap diapers require more actual diaper changes and more incidences of the kid blowing thru them with pee and poop. They pay you the same whether you change four times or five times a day and whether you have to clean the kid up after a blow out or not. They believe it saves them money and they get your "extra" work for free.

We do not allow generic diapers or cloth diapers. The brands we accept are Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs. We accept Target brand diapers but the current Target brand runs one size smaller than Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs. If you would like to use Target diapers we must have one size up from what your child would wear in the premium diapers. We also do not allow generic wipes with the exception of Target wipes. No scented wipes.
laundrymom 04:27 AM 01-07-2011
I don't care what brand they send. I change diapers when ever I notice they have peed. I don't have a schedule to change them. So pamper or target i dint care. I do HATE aldi diapers The wipes though, if the buy cheap, I double them. Lol
daysofelijah 04:35 AM 01-07-2011
The two I have in diapers right now are in cloth. I prefer cloth diapers personally, but will only do pocket or AIO and only dump, don't rinse. As far as paper diapers I like Target diapers best, Pampers are too stinky.

We do community wipes. Each of the parents brings in a pack every couple months or so, and I usually buy a big pack every few months. We use them for more than just diapering, (face wipes, craft clean-up, etc.) so everyone pitches in. I like huggies wipes the best I guess, but am not too picky. I usually just buy the costco kirkland big pack when I buy wipes.
Cat Herder 04:37 AM 01-07-2011
I miss White Cloud
SunflowerMama 04:49 AM 01-07-2011
I provide wipes and cloth diapers for all kids still in diapers (I have 2 in dipes right now). The parents were a little leary about cloth at first but now love that I offer it as a service. Then for wipes I just use any store brand sensitive (whatever is the cheapest at the time ).
Jewels 05:06 AM 01-07-2011
I love the Kirkland signature brand of diapers, I think they are very comparable to huggies supreme but I like them even more, and I also use the kirklandwipes, I supply all, I include it in my price, and its a good tax deduction! I didn't always supply I just started a while ago, but I figured sometimes parents forget, sometimes I forget......Pampers will always be my favorite............but kirkland brand is right next to it.

Bonnie
momma2girls 06:13 AM 01-07-2011
I do not supply diapers or wipes, but I add my wipes to everyone's, because I use them for clean ups as well. I only buy Pampers or Huggies. I only buy Huggies diapers, and always have for each of my children. I buy the large case at Sam's very cheap!
SilverSabre25 06:40 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
I provide wipes and cloth diapers for all kids still in diapers (I have 2 in dipes right now). The parents were a little leary about cloth at first but now love that I offer it as a service. Then for wipes I just use any store brand sensitive (whatever is the cheapest at the time ).
I've considered providing cloth dipes! My own DD and this upcoming baby were/will be CD'd, and I found out this week that two of my dcms are expecting, so it's on my mind, lol. Do you put them back in a sposie before they go home?
daysofelijah 06:48 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I've considered providing cloth dipes! My own DD and this upcoming baby were/will be CD'd, and I found out this week that two of my dcms are expecting, so it's on my mind, lol. Do you put them back in a sposie before they go home?
One of my mom cd's all the time. She uses prefolds at home, but I gave her my dd's old pockets and AIOs and asked her to send her in those. I just don't like to deal with touching wet prefolds, yuck. So she comes and goes in pockets.

The other parent only provides cds when she is here and then uses paper at home. She comes in paper and I send her home in cloth (BumGenius). Her mom washes the cloth and sends it back the next day.
Blackcat31 06:51 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Oh I understand it.

They know that the cheap diapers require more actual diaper changes and more incidences of the kid blowing thru them with pee and poop. They pay you the same whether you change four times or five times a day and whether you have to clean the kid up after a blow out or not. They believe it saves them money and they get your "extra" work for free.

We do not allow generic diapers or cloth diapers. The brands we accept are Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs. We accept Target brand diapers but the current Target brand runs one size smaller than Huggies, Pampers, and Luvs. If you would like to use Target diapers we must have one size up from what your child would wear in the premium diapers. We also do not allow generic wipes with the exception of Target wipes. No scented wipes.
I had read that in your policies and didn't necessarily "get it" at the time...but now, it makes complete sense as to why you require name brand diapers....I think I might just add that to my policies....(if you don't mind me stealing your idea ) It makes complete sense because THAT is exactly what happens...I change kids so frequently and it always goes up their backs etc here while mom says that never happens at home...was starting to think I wasn't changing enough but your explanantion helped me see the light....Thanks!

Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
SunflowerMama: do you launder all the diapers and stuff or do you use a service? We used to have a service but it isn't in business any more but I do love the idea of environmentaly friendly diapers but I just can't get past the laundering all the stuff while being paid such a minimal amount for it. Do you charge extra for kids in diapers? They must go home with the diapers on so do the parents use cloth diapers at home too then? Do you buy the diapers or have parents contribute to the cost? Nice idea though....
SunflowerMama 12:20 PM 01-07-2011

SunflowerMama: do you launder all the diapers and stuff or do you use a service? We used to have a service but it isn't in business any more but I do love the idea of environmentaly friendly diapers but I just can't get past the laundering all the stuff while being paid such a minimal amount for it. Do you charge extra for kids in diapers? They must go home with the diapers on so do the parents use cloth diapers at home too then? Do you buy the diapers or have parents contribute to the cost? Nice idea though....
I just launder the diapers at the end of each day here (just one extra load a day). I have twins and we always used cloth with them so I think I'm just used to it. I only have 2 in diapers right now so it's not a huge deal. I have some eco-friendly disposables by Nature Babycare that I'll put the kids into right before pickup. So they go home in a disposable. I don't charge any extra for kids in diapers and none of my families use cloth at home...just here.
Puff 08:28 PM 01-07-2011
I prefer the Target Up and Up brand of wipes. Diapers, anything but luvs! Those always leak and have major blow outs. Cloth are fine too, but I don't dump/launder/soak. They are treated exactly like disposable diapers and the parents handle all of that at home. They go straight into a wet bag that goes home every night.
Former Teacher 08:33 AM 01-08-2011
When I was at my former center, years ago, we provided wipes. Then it just got to be to expensive (licensed for 55 with majority in the younger crowd). So we switched to the parents providing diapers and wipes.

While I have no children but should I do, I personally prefer Huggies all around.

The family I take care of the boy, (we are potty training ) is in Pampers. The 8 month use to be in Pampers but she was constantly leaking so they switched to Huggies. She is a chunky monkey and the Huggies seem to cover her more. They use Wal-Mart brand of wipes.

I personally don't like generic. My reasoning is that you tend to use more, so where are you ahead.

I have noticed that several posters recommend Costco's brand of wipes. I will have to mention it to mom. So thanks!

Not to get off subject but years ago there was a baby girl in our infant room. Surprisingly we had all girls. Every morning she would come in a girl diaper but when she needed diapers, mom would bring in BOYS diapers (when they had gender specific at that time). Odd. But I thought ok, she was using up diapers from shower gifts. This went on for months. Finally I asked her just out of curiosity and not to be rude or have her offended...but why the boys diapers? She stated because she heard stories of day cares using other kids things and diapers were very expensive for her and she didn't want us using her diapers on anyone else's. So her thinking was that if she bought boy diapers in an all girl class we won't use her diapers.

Some parents
Lucy 11:32 AM 01-08-2011
Huggies diapers.

Kirkland (Costco) wipes in the blue bag with white flip lid.

Hate pull-ups in general, but Huggies if they insist. (Isn't "pull-ups" a Huggies brand name? I may have that wrong, but whichever is the actual, REAL "pull-up" is the one I like.)
Danielle 01:02 PM 01-08-2011
For sposies, it depends on the kid. My son reacted to everything but Pampers. My daughter, Huggies work best. Wipes..Huggies hands down. I really like cloth though. They baby I watch wears Flips with the prefold like insert. Very easy to use. My daughter is either in Huggies or Flips inserts in Thursties covers. We have pockets and all-in-ones but I really don't like washing them.
Abigail 01:41 PM 01-08-2011
What happened to White Cloud from Walmart? Someone said they missed White Cloud, that is why I ask.

I prefer Huggies wipes, but don't have a diaper preference. I will supply all the wipes (Huggies) for my future daycare kids and just have this reflect in the fee. When I have my first child though, I will use regular diapers until they're about 10 pounds and then I'm going to give bumgenius OS cloth diapers a try. They're actually available on Target's website and that is where I'm going to register so hopefully I'll get a bunch from the registry! If not, I'm well prepared to drop $200 on them (they're one size, so good for a long time!) and buy them new because I just want new diapers for my first child.....most things I'm fine with used, but not in this case. LOL. I added the link for Target's options online if anyone is interested to see what kind of Cloth Diapers I want to use.http://www.target.com/s?keywords=bum...&ref=sr_bx_1_1
Michael 02:39 PM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
What happened to White Cloud from Walmart? Someone said they missed White Cloud, that is why I ask.

I prefer Huggies wipes, but don't have a diaper preference. I will supply all the wipes (Huggies) for my future daycare kids and just have this reflect in the fee. When I have my first child though, I will use regular diapers until they're about 10 pounds and then I'm going to give bumgenius OS cloth diapers a try. They're actually available on Target's website and that is where I'm going to register so hopefully I'll get a bunch from the registry! If not, I'm well prepared to drop $200 on them (they're one size, so good for a long time!) and buy them new because I just want new diapers for my first child.....most things I'm fine with used, but not in this case. LOL. I added the link for Target's options online if anyone is interested to see what kind of Cloth Diapers I want to use.http://www.target.com/s?keywords=bum...&ref=sr_bx_1_1
We had an article on reusable cloth diapers this past year. We may update and run the article again with some of the information from this thread.

https://www.daycare.com/news/cloth_diapers.html
QualiTcare 05:26 PM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by daysofelijah:
The two I have in diapers right now are in cloth. I prefer cloth diapers personally, but will only do pocket or AIO and only dump, don't rinse. As far as paper diapers I like Target diapers best, Pampers are too stinky.
that's so funny. i LOVED pampers and thought that huggies smelled like pee! i mean - unused huggies that hadn't been used!

i used "parent's choice" from wal-mart on both my kids when they got older and i didn't have to worry about sensitive skin.
SandeeAR 06:35 AM 01-09-2011
My parents provide all diapers. I have them bring wipes on occasion. I buy Walmart wipes as I use them for everything from runny noses, to lunch clean up, to diaper changes, spit up on the floor etc.
misol 04:08 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by Joyce:
Huggies diapers.

Kirkland (Costco) wipes in the blue bag with white flip lid.

Hate pull-ups in general, but Huggies if they insist. (Isn't "pull-ups" a Huggies brand name? I may have that wrong, but whichever is the actual, REAL "pull-up" is the one I like.)

Same here. I have the parents supply diapers and wipes but for my own children I used Huggies diapers and Kirkland wipes so that's what I prefer.
Michael 02:10 PM 01-10-2011
Looks like Huggies is the Favorite.
Tags:baby wipes, diapers, huggie, pampers, pull ups
Reply Up