Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT Rope W/ Diaper
PitterPatter 08:40 PM 06-14-2011
I just had to post this because it's so odd and I wondered if anyone else has found this. I even googled it and couldn't come up with anything.

My Mother bought some rope, clothesline type. The end unraveld a bit and an inside core was visible. I was playing with it and untwisting it. To my shock it is Huggies diapers material!! I promise u no lie, actual outside decoarative material that has the huggies logo and mickey/minnie mouse on it! Too funny and why, just why would they do that?

I am tempted to take a video and show everyone. Has anyone else found anything like this? (not that we are all so bored we sit around playing with rope all day)
dEHmom 04:54 AM 06-15-2011
more than likely they used some form of recyclables. i just hope they aren't used diapers. maybe the ones that are rejected off the line?
Luna 05:35 AM 06-15-2011
That would make sense. My son works at a place that prints packaging and if something is off they sell the rejects to places that can use it. If they print something wrong, chances are they printed a lot of it before someone caught the mistake so they try to cut their losses.
PitterPatter 07:13 AM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
more than likely they used some form of recyclables. i just hope they aren't used diapers. maybe the ones that are rejected off the line?
It's new probably right from the factory. It is 1 continuous strip of diaper lining twisted up like a rope then the actual rope weaved around it. I will take a pic later if I remember. It's the outside lining, thin, printed 1 side and the waterproof coating on the other side. I just found it so odd and funny.
Hunni Bee 06:53 PM 06-15-2011
It probably came from China.

I got a warning email several years ago about how hair ties made in China were made on the inside with latex from used condoms!!! They showed how they looked just like normal ponytail holders but when one was unraveled, what was supposed to be elastic was a recycled condom.

They said they weren't being sold at stores...but in places like sidewalk stands and flea markets both in China and in big cities for ridiculously cheap - like a card of 50 for like $.25.

So it may not be a new diaper...especially if she bought from a flea market or the dollar store. I'd throw it away ASAP!

Edit:

Here's the article: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/hairband.asp
PitterPatter 07:45 PM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
It probably came from China.

I got a warning email several years ago about how hair ties made in China were made on the inside with latex from used condoms!!! They showed how they looked just like normal ponytail holders but when one was unraveled, what was supposed to be elastic was a recycled condom.

They said they weren't being sold at stores...but in places like sidewalk stands and flea markets both in China and in big cities for ridiculously cheap - like a card of 50 for like $.25.

So it may not be a new diaper...especially if she bought from a flea market or the dollar store. I'd throw it away ASAP!

Edit:

Here's the article: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/hairband.asp
OMGOSH!!! That is disgusting!! I have never heard of that and I visit snopes once in a while to get the real verdict on rumors. That is just nuts!!

Thanks for sharing!

Trying to upload a pic I took. It's not the same piece we unraveled at first but u get the idea with what I unraveled on this piece. My Mom barked at me "stop ruining my clothes line" lol so I couldn't undo much more.
Attached: diaperrope.jpg (117.4 KB) 
rbmom 04:48 AM 06-16-2011
Wow! That is kinda odd and funny!
Meyou 06:53 AM 06-16-2011
I read this thread yesterday and didn't post but then I had a dream last night that I found the rope with the Huggies in it. Very bizarre!
Auntie 06:55 AM 06-16-2011
ok now I want to check my cheap rope line deal out.
Tags:diapers, huggies
Reply Up