Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Monday Tears...
KDC 11:57 AM 01-28-2013
So, I had a new family start today with a young 3 yr old boy. As soon as I mentioned nap, he entered the meltdown mode. Saying NO, running away from me (everyone else here, loves nap time ) This is the first time I didn't start with the child as an infant, so this is a challenge. I've went down to rub his back and tell him to just rest for awhile and I'd get him in just a little bit. He's been going for about 45 mins. He really wants to play At least my house if fun?? I'm just worried about getting him too early, as he'll think he can cry his way out of nap time. Hopefully, this resolves itself, otherwise... I'm in for it. Ugh.

Just gonna keep consistent for this week and have a talk with parents. Otherwise, he's a great kid and I'm excited to have him here =)
Heidi 12:02 PM 01-28-2013
set up and alarm clock or other external signal for when nap is over. He must stay on his mat until the alarm goes off. You can make it fun (I had the Gummy Bear song on my cellphone for a while).

Can he pick a book or stuffed animal to lay down with? "You don't have to sleep, but you do need to rest".
KDC 12:47 PM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
set up and alarm clock or other external signal for when nap is over. He must stay on his mat until the alarm goes off. You can make it fun (I had the Gummy Bear song on my cellphone for a while).

Can he pick a book or stuffed animal to lay down with? "You don't have to sleep, but you do need to rest".
Good idea... thanks for this tip!! The gummi bear song -- good choice =)
Reply Up