Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Need Frozen Meal Ideas
sahm1225 11:05 AM 07-08-2013
Our kitchen is getting remodeled and we will be without a stove/oven for about 3 weeks.

I have a microwave, rice cooker, and crockpot. Do you have any meals that you can recommend that I can freeze & then microwave to reheat? Keep in mind that I will be making meals for daycare And my family so it's a lot of meals!! Thanks!!
Cradle2crayons 11:09 AM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Our kitchen is getting remodeled and we will be without a stove/oven for about 3 weeks.

I have a microwave, rice cooker, and crockpot. Do you have any meals that you can recommend that I can freeze & then microwave to reheat? Keep in mind that I will be making meals for daycare And my family so it's a lot of meals!! Thanks!!
What about getting a toaster oven with a convection bake option?? We have one in our camper along with a microwave and a double electric burner and I cook for weeks in the rv on just that??

The convection toaster oven cooks ANYTHING.
mema 11:16 AM 07-08-2013
For family, as I don't grill with dc here, you could make some pizza logs and quesadillas and freeze them. Cook them on the grill.

Pizza logs:

I make a pizza dough (or purchase a refrigerator dough). Roll out. Top with sauce leaving 1" around edge. Put on toppings and cheese. Roll up. Place on doubled up foil, roll and pinch edges. Freeze. Grill for about 10-15 min on each side. Oh, and don't forget to spray the foil or it may get messy. They are also good reheated.

For the quesadillas, I just make my tortillas, top with whatever ingredients and I roll like a burrito. Double foil. Grill about 5 min each side.
sahm1225 11:27 AM 07-08-2013
I do have a convection/toaster oven! But we can't use it for daycare.
Thanks for the other recipes, they sound yummy!
Cradle2crayons 11:34 AM 07-08-2013
I do have a convection/toaster oven! But we can't use it for daycare.
Thanks for the other recipes, they sound yummy!
Maybe can't use it DURING daycare hours but could you use it to prepare the meals themselves outside of actual daycare hours then freeze them??
mema 11:36 AM 07-08-2013
You could also make mac'n'cheese, scalloped potatoes and ham, lasagna, pulled chicken/pork/beef all in the crock pot. Are you on pinterest? There are a LOT of crock pot meals! Salads with sandwiches.
sahm1225 12:22 PM 07-08-2013
Lol!! I didn't even think about how I could use the toaster oven when daycare wasn't open!!

And yes on Pinterest. I actually follow a ton of the girls on daycare.com!

I'm Planning to alternate the crockpot (one day for daycare, one day for home/ dinner), so I was hoping for things I can make and freeze that reheat well in the microwave. I just made pasta w olive oil and going to try freezing it.
sahm1225 12:23 PM 07-08-2013
I tried the salsa chicken recipe on Pinterest, and it was amazing! I have also tried a few others that weren't very good.
Cradle2crayons 01:46 PM 07-08-2013
[quote=sahm1225;368009]Lol!! I didn't even think about how I could use the toaster oven when daycare wasn't open!!

Don't worry... I often forget the easiest things when trying to figure out a bigger problem lol
daycarediva 10:08 AM 07-10-2013
Things that freeze super well, and that I reheat in the crockpot-

Soups of all kinds-HM chicken noodle, broccoli and cheddar, cauliflower, Italian wedding, vegetable beef are favs around here.

Chicken cacciatori, chicken and mushrooms, chicken/turkey ala king, beef stroganoff (all can be served over rice)

I would be doing things like meatballs (meatball subs), Italian sausage with peppers and onions, lots of wraps, and fresh sides.

Do you have an electric griddle? when our stove broke, Lowes couldn't deliver the new one for 5 days (color was out of stock) and my griddle was a LIFESAVER. I made breakfast, lunches and dinners on that thing! Pancakes, fried/scrambled eggs, quesidillas and grilled cheese, hamburgers, grilled chicken, you name it!!!

Sunchimes 05:52 PM 07-10-2013
I have a good recipe for chicken spaghetti in the crock pot. I make it, lunch and dinner, and freeze the rest for future day care meals.
I only use half the amount of Velveeta it calls for, and even that is almost too cheesy to suit us.

http://cookingwithkim-kim.blogspot.c...spaghetti.html
AmyKidsCo 05:55 PM 07-10-2013
I'm Planning to alternate the crockpot (one day for daycare, one day for home/ dinner), so I was hoping for things I can make and freeze that reheat well in the microwave. I just made pasta w olive oil and going to try freezing it.
Why not make extra for home dinner then reheat in the microwave the next day for daycare lunch? I do that a lot and it saves both time and money.
Tags:frozen foods, meals
Reply Up