Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Year Old Daily Sheets
TSDaycare 05:18 AM 08-01-2011
At what age do you stop giving daily sheets for children. I have 2 two year olds that I still have been writing them for but often find them left in their bags the next day. They have both been with me since birth so parents are pretty much familiar with our day. They eat whatever now, parents aren't really worried about napping times, etc anymore. Im thinking about being done taking the time to fill them out and printing costs etc if they arent really worried about them it seems...
MARSTELAC 05:46 AM 08-01-2011
I stop as soon as they are fully potty trained. :-) I too found notes in bags the next day, in my yard, and sometimes trampled on the floors of their vehicles...if I happened to walk the kids out to the car to say goodbye for the night. No more wasted paper/time for me!
Meeko 06:03 AM 08-01-2011
I have never done reports for that very reason. I speak to every parent at pick up and let them know any information they need at that time.
blueclouds29 06:07 AM 08-01-2011
I stopped printing them up cause i was finding i was wasting too much paper. I now email them to the parents through MMK. I love it!
SilverSabre25 06:10 AM 08-01-2011
Emailing through MMK is a good idea. I hated doing them but update our daycare Facebook throughout the day with stuff like what we did in the AM, what we eat for snacks and meals, how long we got to play outside, etc.
Pammie 06:24 AM 08-01-2011
I do daily sheets up until the child's first birthday - then only continue after that if there's a specific reason (medical/developmental) to have documentation for the parents.

I used to continue the daily sheets up to age 2 - but like OP - found too many left in bags unread.
cheerfuldom 06:29 AM 08-01-2011
I do infants only. Up to 6 months or until they are on a regular routine. After that, its the same info every day.
sharlan 07:51 AM 08-01-2011
I only give verbal reports.

I kept a log book when I had several babies at once so I could keep track of poopy diapers, bottles and food. The parents could read it, but rarely did. They just wanted to know when was the last bottle and poopy diaper.
MarinaVanessa 09:33 AM 08-01-2011
Verbal reports here too. I had a DCP ask me to do daily sheets with all kinds of info and I remember someone from here said to have the parent write up the sheet so I said sure and asked her to provide me with the sheet and I would fill in any info she wanted on it. She kind of paused but ultimately said ok but she never did bring a sheet or bring it up again . I think their thinking changes dramatically when they have to put in the effort.
momma2girls 10:27 AM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I have never done reports for that very reason. I speak to every parent at pick up and let them know any information they need at that time.
I am the same way. I tell them everything they need to know at pick up every single day!!
MG&Lsmom 10:43 AM 08-01-2011
I do them for the first month a child is in care, MMK, so I can track how they are adjusting. Then I'll do one if I know that gma or a friend is picking up so that DCP are still in the loop. I've occasionally done them when I know DCD is picking up, especially if he's the kind of guy with selective hearing and inattention to details
Reply Up