Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Sizes Too Big - Vent
ihop 10:46 AM 10-16-2013
I know it could be a lot worse but jeeze, none of my other parents are EVER a problem.

They stroll in this morning an hour and a half later then usual and right on the tail end of breakfast. He says they were running late this morning. I ask if dcg has had breakfast, he says well no, we were running late.(lots of attitude).
I remains him that she missed breakfast and next time I will not be providing food if she is late(which of course I still would). I pour some cheerios and we move on with our day.

Fast forward a few hours to wheb it's time to go to the park. We go every Wednesday and it takes me 45 min to prep to go since I have mostly infants. Dcg put her own shoes on and we leave. We get about a block and I can tell her shoes are too big and her back up ones at the house are also too big. 3 seconds later she face plants on the pavement. Scrapes up her hand an knee and is hysterical. She was the only toddler today so we just turned around and went back home.

I'm just tired of parents making their poor planning my problem! My rules are clear about drop off times and properly fitting clothing and shoes. Thanks for listening.
littlemissmuffet 11:00 AM 10-16-2013
It's not your problem. Phone dad, tell him what happened and say he needs to bring her some proper footwear by tomorrow morning otherwise you will not be providing care until he does.

As soon as I see something doesn't fit properly, I call a parent and let them know it needs to be replaced by the next business day or they aren't getting care (or reimbursements).
JoseyJo 12:51 PM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by ihop:
I know it could be a lot worse but jeeze, none of my other parents are EVER a problem.

They stroll in this morning an hour and a half later then usual and right on the tail end of breakfast. He says they were running late this morning. I ask if dcg has had breakfast, he says well no, we were running late.(lots of attitude).
I remains him that she missed breakfast and next time I will not be providing food if she is late(which of course I still would). I pour some cheerios and we move on with our day.

Fast forward a few hours to wheb it's time to go to the park. We go every Wednesday and it takes me 45 min to prep to go since I have mostly infants. Dcg put her own shoes on and we leave. We get about a block and I can tell her shoes are too big and her back up ones at the house are also too big. 3 seconds later she face plants on the pavement. Scrapes up her hand an knee and is hysterical. She was the only toddler today so we just turned around and went back home.

I'm just tired of parents making their poor planning my problem! My rules are clear about drop off times and properly fitting clothing and shoes. Thanks for listening.
Personally, I would not feed her breakfast if she arrived at the tail end of breakfast.

I have 2 families that used to do this to me on a regular basis. Finally I sent home a note that said "Please make sure your child has eaten breakfast if they arrive after 8:30 am (the start of our breakfast time). No breakfast is served after 8:30 per our food program guidelines. If your child arrives after 8:30 am I will assume they have eaten and are good to go until lunch at noon." They both continued to arrive between 8:30 and 9 (they both have 8 am d/o times) and when they arrive I have them go straight onto reading while everyone else finishes up. Somedays they are hungry and I make a point to write it on their daily log.

I also would not accept her into care again w/o proper shoes. I would tell DCD at p/u "DCG's shoes and her backups are way too big and she tripped over them on the walk and scraped her head! Here are both pairs of shoes, I don't want her to get hurt again so please bring in DCG sized shoes tomorrow." (BIG SMILE)
Tags:parents - are clueless
Reply Up