Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>T/S % for daycare and personal use
sally 08:08 AM 07-23-2014
My old camera junked out on me finally so i bought a new one. I take pictures of my daycare kids for holiday crafts, first day of school pictures for their parents and i also take other pictures when we do fun activities and print them off for the parents also. Of course i use it for my own personal family too but was wondering if there is a certain amount we can take off for taxes since i use it often for daycare too.
Blackcat31 09:59 AM 07-23-2014
I edited the title of your thread so it wasn't so long.

I am also moving this to the tax section so that Tom Copeland will see it and respond.
sally 10:00 AM 07-23-2014
Oh thanks. Sorry i didn't see there was a tax section before.
TomCopeland 10:39 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by sally:
My old camera junked out on me finally so i bought a new one. I take pictures of my daycare kids for holiday crafts, first day of school pictures for their parents and i also take other pictures when we do fun activities and print them off for the parents also. Of course i use it for my own personal family too but was wondering if there is a certain amount we can take off for taxes since i use it often for daycare too.
You could either use your time-space % or an actual business use percent to deduct the new camera. If it cost less than $200 you can deduct the business portion in one year. If it cost more than $500, depreciate it over 7 years.
sally 10:51 AM 07-23-2014
Thank you
Reply Up