Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Hate When Daycare Parents Change Their Mind On Schedules They Already Gave You
sally 11:43 AM 03-18-2015
One of my families (2 daycare kids) told me 2 weeks ago that they wouldn't be here for spring break. (Most schools in our area close for a week of spring break but ours closes only for the Friday and Monday surrounding Easter. So we only get an extended weekend). The other families all said they we're making plans and wouldn't need care either except 1 so I decided to close that Monday and Friday instead of being open for only 1 child. Now the first parents who told me they wouldn't be here texted me today saying they decided to work and will now need care. I replied with "I'm sorry but I already made plans for my family and am closed". They aren't very happy about it. Do they really think we do nothing but sit around waiting for them to nerd care and jump for joy wanting to watch their children on our days off?
Ariana 11:49 AM 03-18-2015
I had a parent that did this consistantly. I had to nip it in the bud too so good for you for sticking to your guns . They think we are their employess but we are NOT!
Thriftylady 11:52 AM 03-18-2015
Good for you!!! Do you ask for it in writing when they don't need you? I don't but after reading this might start, then you can say "well you filled out the form...".
sally 11:58 AM 03-18-2015
They text me their schedules and that is our main way to communicate so Yes I do have it saved on my phone.
finsup 02:09 PM 03-18-2015
I would have done the same. Parents really dont seem to get that we plan around them and have things we'd like to do that don't involve their children!
Reply Up