Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Know I Shouldn't Be Surprised
Meyou 03:59 AM 02-28-2012
But hot damn it annoys me that DCD was in my driveway AGAIN before opening time this morning despite a snow storm, schools being canceled AND the fact his job is weather dependent.

Yesterday he was here before I opened and DCM was home sleeping.

This is my problem family and I've termed them so only 3 days left. Maybe that's why it's bugging me so much this week. That and the fact that I did tell them that their kid's problems begin with the fact that they rarely see their parents for more than a few minutes at a time.
Cat Herder 04:25 AM 02-28-2012
"I'm not touching you".......

Those last few days are always the worst.

It seems they like to push buttons and get their money's worth just a bit more...
AfterSchoolMom 04:49 AM 02-28-2012
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of was that tomorrow if he does that, just keep the door locked until about ten minutes PAST your opening time, and ignore the doorbell?
Meyou 04:52 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of was that tomorrow if he does that, just keep the door locked until about ten minutes PAST your opening time, and ignore the doorbell?
Hahahaha! I wish! He doesn't come to the door until he can knock exactly on my opening time. I've even seen him hold the kids at the bottom of the steps so they wouldn't reach the top before I open. They have to pay extra if they're early. I've seen him parked up the street up to 45 minutes before I open. He doesn't move the car to right in front of my house until 5-10 minutes before I open.
Zoe 06:32 AM 02-28-2012
That drives me nuts. They're not technically breaking policy but the fact that they're there! Ugh. Last year I had a dcm who would come 20-30 minutes before dcb got off the bus at my house and would just park in my driveway and stay there. It drove me nuts! She couldn't get off work in time to get him from school but was there super early to pick him up from daycare.

I hated being outside in the afternoons because she would just be there in her car and it was so awkward! Thankfully the dcb aged out of daycare and I don't have them anymore, so I feel your pain. Just three more days!
Tags:parents - are clueless
Reply Up