Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Form/Contract for Unborn Child
Fruitloops1 10:35 AM 10-21-2012
I was wondering if anyone has a contract for a family that doesn't start daycare immediately. I have a family that wants to reserve a spot in my care for April 2013. I need something that includes all calculations for the 25% monthly payment. (she asked if she could pay monthly/weekly payment amount x 52 weeks a year) But i need a form but was hoping I could see an example...
Fruitloops1 06:50 PM 10-21-2012
I googled some and this is what I compiled myself. I will use this just for holding a spot longer than 30 days. They will also sign my original contract agreeing to enroll for daycare. What do y'al think? Missing anything? Does it needed some sprucing?

Thanks

Letter of Intent to Contract Childcare Services

I/we _________________________________________intend to enroll our child and/or are requesting a position be held at West Town Daycare for ________________________ will begin on or about ________________. Reason for extended leave. ________________________________________________________________________

Space being reserved (circle one): FULL TIME PART-TIME

HOLDING FEE TERMS
A fee of 25% of monthly tuition will be due on the 1st business day of every month thereafter until care begins as scheduled on __________.

I/we understand that this is a non-refundable, non-creditable holding fee and is required to guarantee our spot in the childcare home. Contract can terminated but all deposited funds will be forfeited.

Contact can be terminated but all deposited funds will be forfeited.
Failure to pay fees will result in the daycare spot becoming available to other clients.

Newly enrolled children must have signed official contract and paperwork returned to West Town Daycare Daycare on or before the first day of care.

Parent’s Signature ________________________________________

Date________

Parent’s Signature ________________________________________

Date________

Provider’s Signature ______________________________________

Date________
Blackcat31 08:08 AM 10-22-2012
I think it sounds good but I also think it should mention something about the timeliness of the payments.

I mean what if they miss the payment due on the 1st of each month? Are you IMMEDIATLEY going to void the holding contract or will you give them a bit of lee-way? Is there a late fee for paying late?

Otherwise I think it sounds great!
renodeb 10:18 AM 10-22-2012
I have never signed an unborn baby and had them actually start with me.(to many variables). The last time I did that Grandma moved into the picture. The second time I tried it, I ended up being able to take a ft kid in there place. JMO!
Debbie
littlemissmuffet 10:30 AM 10-22-2012
I am just curious, is this space available right now? If so, are you going to temporarily fill it in order to maintain a steady income since you're only getting a quarter of what the space is actually worth?

I charge $15/day to hold a space, up to 1 month, due immediately in cash only. If a parent needs a space held longer, they are changed my usual monthly rate, also due immediately in cash. Example - interview occurs in mid-October and is to start on January 2nd, they would be charged my full rate for November and December (January payment due on the 2nd of January), and charged $15 a day for the remainder of days in October (after the interview) - due immmediately. This is the ONLY way I can ensure that a parent will actually come back (if the cost of holding a space is too low, they often will not) and that I am making my usual income while waiting for the child to start. I have had parents pay upwards of $5,000 to hold a space for their child. Some will simply look for daycares that provide payment options, lower holding fees or no holding fees at all. They do what works for them, and I do what works for me.
And likewise, you should do what works for you - I just want to make sure you won't be losing any potential income over this!

I think your contract looks fine, but I do agree with BlackCat that adding a payment due date and late fee is a great idea!
Crazy8 10:30 AM 10-22-2012
I won't sign an unborn child but I do like the idea of that form for a baby that may be starting a few months later.
Fruitloops1 06:47 PM 10-22-2012
They are starting in March 2013. The space is is available now but I don't really have a desire to fill it immediately.

Thanks for the pointer about missing payments!!
littlemissmuffet 07:53 PM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
They are starting in March 2013. The space is is available now but I don't really have a desire to fill it immediately.

Thanks for the pointer about missing payments!!
Well it's great you will be making some income on this space, even if you don't want it filled currently... kinda like free money
Fruitloops1 09:22 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Well it's great you will be making some income on this space, even if you don't want it filled currently... kinda like free money
Yeah, I know. 25% is pretty low by me. Most places do 50% or not at all. Infant spots are really hard to come by here. I have 4 more people inquiry to hold spots. The latest one being July 2013!! Its crazy!
Reply Up