Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Hello From IL!!!
MonkeyingAround 07:48 AM 10-25-2012
Hi everyone!

My name is Melissa and I am going through the process of getting licensed. I'm so excited to be underway. I'm praying all goes well and I will be able to open up come the beginning of January.

I grew up with my mom running a home daycare (she ran one for just over 20 years!) so daycare itself is not new to me. I have 4 girls (ages 9, 6, 5, and 3) so kids are my life. Will be interesting how putting both aspects together will be. I'd love any advice you might have!

I'd love to get to know other daycare providers - especially if you are local to me.

~melissa~
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 10-25-2012
Welcome to the forum!!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now!
MonkeyingAround 08:38 AM 10-25-2012
Thank you so much!!!

Did you add the monkey picture too?
MyAngels 08:39 AM 10-25-2012
Welcome! I'm from Illinois, too.
MonkeyingAround 08:40 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Welcome! I'm from Illinois, too.
Oh yay! Where about in IL? I am in Montgomery (in case you don't know where that is...near Aurora/Naperville area).
Fruitloops1 08:41 AM 10-25-2012
Welcome! I have my daycare on the West side of Chicago!
Blackcat31 08:47 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by MonkeyingAround:
Thank you so much!!!

Did you add the monkey picture too?
Yes I did! If you don't like it or would like to change it you can do so by editing your user profile.

You can choose an avatar from the pre-loaded forum choices or upload your own.
MonkeyingAround 08:48 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yes I did! If you don't like it or would like to change it you can do so by editing your user profile.

You can choose an avatar from the pre-loaded forum choices or upload your own.
It's perfect - thank you!!!
MyAngels 10:58 AM 10-25-2012
Oh yay! Where about in IL? I am in Montgomery (in case you don't know where that is...near Aurora/Naperville area).
I'm in central Illinois.
Michael 11:39 AM 10-25-2012
Welcome
gag 03:47 PM 11-29-2012
Hi everyone!

My name is Melissa
I'd love to get to know other daycare providers - especially if you are local to me.

~melissa~
h

Hi melissa. I just joined here myself. I own a 50 child small center near Flossmoor, IL, Chicago southeast subs.
melilley 11:38 AM 11-30-2012
Hi Melissa! That's my name too. I too am going through the process of licensing and will opening in January. I am fairly new to this site, but let me tell you it is wonderful! Any question, concern, comments, etc... that you may have usually will be answered or addressed and believe me, I have had a lot! It's so nice to have a group (for lack of a better word) that you belong to that know about this profession and how it goes! Not everyone understands! I am going to warn you though....this forum can be very addicting! Right now I'm just waiting to get licensed so I'm at home with my 4 mo. old son and am on here quite a bit...more than I should be...lol
KDC 01:49 PM 11-30-2012
I'm from the Northern Burbs, Wauconda IL... Hope everything goes smoothly for you
MamaG 10:56 PM 12-14-2012
Hi! I'm in Central il and have been doing this 3 years. I would love to make some local friends
MRS.L 11:27 AM 12-17-2012
Hello Im christina from Il aswell

North west side of il
Tags:illinois
Reply Up