Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>FSA Account
MomBoss 07:18 AM 11-12-2018
Has anyones had parents pay with an FSA account? What is it and how would you be paid?
A parent is asking if i accept this.
Unregistered 08:33 AM 11-12-2018
I had always thought an FSA account reimburses them? Like the family would still pay you from their bank account like normal, then THEY would need to submit something to the FSA people (like a bill or receipt) to get reimbursed. So you wouldn't really have anything except provide a receipt or something like that.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was how it worked at my previous job.
LittleExplorers 08:35 AM 11-12-2018
Yes. They pay and then you give them a receipt. They then submit the receipt and they get reimbursed. Make sure to fill in the date of service and amount on the receipt, or that is what my parents have needed.
storybookending 12:24 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had always thought an FSA account reimburses them? Like the family would still pay you from their bank account like normal, then THEY would need to submit something to the FSA people (like a bill or receipt) to get reimbursed. So you wouldn't really have anything except provide a receipt or something like that.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was how it worked at my previous job.
This is how it works with the one parent I have that uses this. I just give my year end receipt and every March(ish) I fill out a form with what they’ve paid for the year so far.. I assume to project what they’ll pay in a year.. but not sure.
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
Yes. They pay and then you give them a receipt. They then submit the receipt and they get reimbursed. Make sure to fill in the date of service and amount on the receipt, or that is what my parents have needed.
This is how it works for the families I have that use FSAs too.

One of my parents asks for a monthly receipt and a couple others just get a receipt every time they pay and how often they submit for reimbursement is up to them.

One parent I have brings me a form to sign/date every 90 days.

Regardless of how a parent "withdraws" or requests reimbursement from their FSA, they still pay me like everyone else.
The FSA part is their business to manage.

The parent doesn't need to ask you to accept anything.

Wondering if they are asking you to wait to be paid until they are (reimbursed)?
hwichlaz 12:32 PM 11-12-2018
It depends on the account. They either get reimbursed, or they can pay with a debit card that is attached to the account.

They'll need a receipt from you for each payment, or a monthly statement.
MomBoss 02:00 PM 11-12-2018
Ok i guess i have a family that already does this. But they didnt ask me, they just bring in a form eveey couple if months for me to sign to verify. So i thought it was weird for this family to ask, as if it was a diff type of payment.
lblanke 08:06 PM 11-14-2018
We have a FSA account. We pay the provider, then get a receipt with the provider's tax ID number. We send that to FSA and are reimbursed for what we paid the provider. The same information is required on the receipt as is needed for income tax returns.

I wouldn't "take" FSA but would require payment, provide a proper receipt including your tax ID and let them get their own money back.
Tags:fsa
Reply Up