Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>TN Family Home Daycare?
Nisaryn 09:02 AM 12-21-2020
Hello everyone! It's been a VERY LOOOONG time! So, let me get you all caught up.
I left CA back at the end of 2017 and moved to ITALY.

My husband is military so I knew the chances of offering an infant-only family daycare home for longer than a few years was probably slim though I had hoped we'd be stationed in CA for a second time and wouldn't need to move... Anyway, so I've been in Italy for the past few years and while I did offer babysitting service and worked at the Child Development Center for a while, COVID has basically shut all of that down.

But now my husband is looking at orders that would take him further out where I and our kids wouldn't be able to follow due to the danger so we will be moving back to TN at the end of next year (2021). I'd like to offer daycare services again because it would be for a couple of years while my husband is away but I'm having a hard time finding information on family day care homes for TN, the Gov. website is a bit confusing and all the regulations I can find assume you are opening a facility and not a home.

I'd appreciate any help, thank you!
Annalee 09:58 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Hello everyone! It's been a VERY LOOOONG time! So, let me get you all caught up.
I left CA back at the end of 2017 and moved to ITALY.

My husband is military so I knew the chances of offering an infant-only family daycare home for longer than a few years was probably slim though I had hoped we'd be stationed in CA for a second time and wouldn't need to move... Anyway, so I've been in Italy for the past few years and while I did offer babysitting service and worked at the Child Development Center for a while, COVID has basically shut all of that down.

But now my husband is looking at orders that would take him further out where I and our kids wouldn't be able to follow due to the danger so we will be moving back to TN at the end of next year (2021). I'd like to offer daycare services again because it would be for a couple of years while my husband is away but I'm having a hard time finding information on family day care homes for TN, the Gov. website is a bit confusing and all the regulations I can find assume you are opening a facility and not a home.

I'd appreciate any help, thank you!
https://www.tn.gov/humanservices/for...pter-1070.html

This website has links to the rules. However, the Family/Group home child cares are in the same listing as the Child Care Centers. The report card has changed this year due to Covid. Plus the rules are being re-visited and may change by January/2022. What part of TN will you be moving to? Hope this helps!
Tags:tennessee - regulations
Reply Up