Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opening a Center - Church
nanglgrl 10:34 PM 07-16-2018
Hello! I’ve run a registered Home Daycare for 14 years (plus 3 years when my oldest was little) and am currently finishing my BS in ECE. Recently I was referred by our local CCRR to a pastor who’d like to open a Daycare in his church or rent the rooms so someone else can open a daycare.

Previously the rooms for used for headstart and later voluntary pre-k but they now have locations in the school buildings and no longer need the church.

I meet the requirements to be a center director in my state and plan to look at the space this week. I’ve been in the rooms when they were used for voluntary pre-k but need measurements etc. to determine their capacity and if I could make them work for a center. I also plan to ask the pastor about the zoning since it’s next to a school but in a residential area. I will look at to make sure the rooms meet regulations but besides size, zoning and regulations I don’t know what else to ask/consider.

The church is next to a school and I think it would be great as 1/2 day care for the voluntary pre-K students. Our pre-k program is from about 9-1 so it’s hard for working parents to utilize if they can’t find a provider or center to transport (most don’t). We also have a ton of need for infant care but because of ratios I don’t think infant care would be very profitable after paying staff. In addition it’s close to my house and I think my clients would follow me there (all children between 2-4yo).

Opening a center has been a long time dream of mine but I wasn’t expecting this so I’m scrambling for information.

I’m trying to think of all of the pros/cons/considerations of working for the church as the director of their center vs. renting the space and opening my own center and was hoping you gals could help.
Tags:center, church, church daycare
Up