Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michiganders Are You Turning Your Heat Down?
lovemykidstoo 04:58 AM 01-31-2019
Just wondering if my fellow Michiganders got a message last night about turning heat down. Maybe it's just a Consumers Energy deal. There was a fire at a plant in Southeast Michigan which supplies 65% of our gas, so we are running on reserves. Last night my phone started screaming at me and it was an emergency notice saying to turn heat down to 65 or we risk losing all gas. It's amazing to me all the people on FB complaining about that. Here right now it's -11 with a wind chill of -33. One of the people complaining on fb was one of my daycare moms. She is the one that yesterday brought her 8 month old girl even though daddy was home. She's afraid her baby is going to freeze. She's also bringing her today, but again daddy is home. So she has selective baby is going to freeze syndrome.

I had 5 kids normally come this day. Two of them are staying home with parents, so I have 3 now. Out of those 3, 1 is actually working. Gotta love it!
Tags:michigan, winter
Up