Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wake Up to No Heat
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 03:39 AM 02-26-2016
I love my house colder at night. We all sleep better so it is usually set to 68 overnight. I didn't moved it before I went to bed from 70. I woke up thinking it is really cold in my house right now. Went to look at the thermostat and it said actual temperature 60 degrees but it was set on 70. I woke my husband up freaking out thinking our heat pump went out. I could hear something in the attic but apparently it was the unit outside the house the fan was spinning. After an hour of my husband messing with the thermostat he finally got the heat to come on and so far it has been business as usual with it heating to set temperature and turning off and back on when needed. I really thought I was going to have to send out a text that I would be closed today.
LindseyA 05:55 AM 02-26-2016
Glad your Dh was able to get it back on, hopefully with no other issues! We had buy a new furnace this past fall, but we knew it was coming sooner or later (the thing was olddd) so we were somewhat prepared when it finally died. It really stinks when things happen unexpectedly and you go into panic mode!
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 08:22 AM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
Glad your Dh was able to get it back on, hopefully with no other issues! We had buy a new furnace this past fall, but we knew it was coming sooner or later (the thing was olddd) so we were somewhat prepared when it finally died. It really stinks when things happen unexpectedly and you go into panic mode!
This unit is only 9-1/2 yrs old. It was a total freak out moment. We were prepared when the hot water heater went out because we new it was old and was on its last leg. We've replaced the stove and refrigerator within the last 2-years expecting those not to last very much longer. This was a total shocker.
Tags:no heat, winter sucks
Reply Up