Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wisconsin Pay?
flying_babyb 06:48 PM 01-19-2019
Anyone from Wisconsin? I may move back and am curious what a daycare teacher with a cda (just got it ) and lots of experience should ask for starting pay?
LK5kids 06:50 PM 01-20-2019
I worked in Onalaska, WI ( basically part of La Crosse) for close to a year (2018). I think I worked at one of the highest paying centers in the area but I did know of one or two that paid as much.

I started at $14.00 but I gave a BA in elementary Ed/early childhood. I do check out different ads in lacrosse and Madison on Craigslist and it seems the pay isn’t much different in Madison compared to LaX.

My guess is you would get around $11.00 to $12.00. Many places have sign on bonuses. There is definitely a shortage of child care teachers in LaX

They couldn’t find anyone to take my place for 2 1/2 months! Weren’t even getting applications.

What area do you want to move to? look up their Craigslist or indeed ads. Some do post starting wage. You might want to look into Head Start co-teacher. Lead needs a 4 year degree in WI but I see ads for co-teachers. Excellent benefits!
storybookending 08:26 AM 01-21-2019
I know you have lived here previously are you going back to the same area? In my area a lead at a center is lucky to get $10-$11 an hour. New centers are struggling as McDonalds and target are paying more. I am away from all major cities by at least 2 hours. I’m sure starting pay in those areas is better.
LK5kids 01:15 PM 01-21-2019
Yes, at the time I quit Wal-Mart and Dairy Queen were advertising with sign out front $11.00/hr starting and I think Target was $12.00!
flying_babyb 04:12 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I know you have lived here previously are you going back to the same area? In my area a lead at a center is lucky to get $10-$11 an hour. New centers are struggling as McDonalds and target are paying more. I am away from all major cities by at least 2 hours. I’m sure starting pay in those areas is better.
Probably not, I was in green bay but the future fiance lives a couple hours north of there, so its a crap shoot where we will end up. I make 12 now in chicago.
storybookending 04:15 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Probably not, I was in green bay but the future fiance lives a couple hours north of there, so its a crap shoot where we will end up. I make 12 now in chicago.
Ah man a couple hours north of GB I have NO idea what it’s like up there. I’m in central WI.
flying_babyb 06:15 PM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Ah man a couple hours north of GB I have NO idea what it’s like up there. I’m in central WI.
North? humm, I'm originally from Marinette
storybookending 08:20 AM 01-23-2019
ah gotcha that’s also a good +2.5 hours from where I am. Legit 2-2.5 hours from everything lol
Tags:teacher pay, teacher pay - wisconsin, wisconsin provider
Reply Up