Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick?
meli829 10:02 AM 09-08-2010
I am wondering when it crossed the line from just a normal cold? When do you send your dckids home? I have in my contract that a normal cold is fine, but I had a dcg with a very runny nose (yellow/green) and cough, and I had to keep wiping her nose every five minutes.
Carole's Daycare 10:11 AM 09-08-2010
I let parents know a mild cold, as long as no fever over 100 is usually fine - but for me, if the child is so miserable they can't participate without disruption, either tyhrough constant runny nose and cleanup, or they're just so miserable- then they need to go home.Remind parents- if you would skip work and lay on the couch if you felt this bad, how hard must it be for them to be here and function through the preschool day? Also the toddler stage of everything in the mouth stinks whe they are sick.
kendallina 10:24 AM 09-08-2010
When I worked in a center, if their runny noses were green, grey or yellow, then they couldn't stay. We stuck to it, too. I have a similar rule in my contract for here, but haven't really felt that I've had to exclude kids from care for it. If they have yucky nose and aren't able to play normally, then I'd exclude.
TGT09 10:50 AM 09-08-2010
I have recently read that no matter the color of snot doesn't mean that they are any more contagious than if it's clear. I do however have stated in my contract that if I'm wiping their nose more than every 10 minutes, then they must stay home. Also, if they can't continue with regular activities.
Tags:flu, sick
Reply Up