Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tactile Flash Cards
E Daycare 10:49 AM 02-13-2011
Has anyone tried their hand at making Tactile flash cards? Ive been working on "tracing" things with my DS and have been looking into the Montessori cards (Im a big fan of this method, use it in my DC and want to start him in private Montessori come Fall). Im a avid Amazon shopper and found the letters cards but I also want shapes too and amazon charges almost 20$ a pack for the cards (with shipping). So I figured Id make my own. Has anyone had luck with making ones that werent too flimsy and did you draw them yourself or get a template? If you used a template would you share it with me?

Im thinking of just using a magic marker to trace shapes and letters on a index card and covering with sand myself. Sounds like a lot of work and I might just spend the 20$ on the pre-made ones but Id like to have more of a variety.
Michael 12:00 PM 02-13-2011
Funny Avatar. Is that really you pulling out your hair?
Abigail 02:38 PM 02-13-2011
I had to google to figure out what these were. LOL.

I would print off the alphabet, trace them backwards onto sandpaper (if you want all the be sandpaper) so that once you cut them out and flip over to the sandpaper side they will look correct. Then, once all of them are cut out ever so tideously and nicely....glue all the consanants onto one color of paper and all the vowels onto another color of paper. Blue and red and easy. Make the papers the same size and this would create the "card" and the letters you glue onto them create the textures.

I think this might be a fun project. You could use sand, but that might become messy.
E Daycare 03:31 PM 02-13-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Funny Avatar. Is that really you pulling out your hair?
lol no it's not me but some days that's exactly how I feel lol
momofthree 03:43 PM 02-13-2011
I found this site http://improveswithage.blogspot.com/...-tutorial.html

I am thinking of making my own for the daycare kids.
Abigail 05:35 PM 02-13-2011
If anyone knows of a free web site to print large d'nealian letters I would love to have the site! I've been searching off and on for awhile because I want to print d'nealian style letters and numbers on construction paper and cut them out and hang those up as the alphabet in my daycare room. All I can seem to find is tracing worksheets or "how-to" with dotted lines. I want to actual letter and to make it cover a full sheet of paper to print. Thanks
E Daycare 06:23 PM 02-13-2011
Originally Posted by momofthree:
I found this site http://improveswithage.blogspot.com/...-tutorial.html

I am thinking of making my own for the daycare kids.
This is awesome and thank you for sharing the link! I will try this for sure!
Tags:flash cards, tactile flash cards
Reply Up