Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tired Of The Sickness
sharlan 09:59 AM 01-15-2013
I swear that someone has been sick in my house since the first of Sept. I was very vigilant about bleaching and sanitizing everything that didn't move. I even sanitized what did. It didn't help so I quit going overboard, it didn't help.

My "borrowed" granddaughter was dropping off a child for one of my daycare families today. She asked me to check her throat. I have NEVER seen so many white lesions covering her throat and tonsils. Many of them had little black spots on them, like cankers. I pushed her out my door and sent her to urgent care. She has a severe case of strept.

My youngest dd and gdd are at urgent care being tested for strept right now.

ALL of the kids have runny noses and coughs. My grandson who's been sick since forever now has croup.

My dh who never gets sick is getting over bronchitis and an inner ear infection. He's scheduled for a total knee replacement next Friday. If he gets sick again the dr is going to cancel his surgery. He's been waiting for this surgery for over 3 years now.

We were talking last night, we have not gone a single week in over 4 months were somebody wasn't sick. I don't know if the daycare kids are bringing it in and spreading it here or if my grandkids are bringing it home from school and sharing it with the daycare kids.

I just want it stopped!
NeedaVaca 10:14 AM 01-15-2013
ok, this is a very weird thing I am going to say...have you ever heard of placing raw onions around the house? I got an email from someone, basically one of those types that circulate around. I thought hmmm, then did some checking and snopes, etc say it's a hoax and nothing more than a mid wives tale. Searched some more and found a LOT of people swear by this, even though there isn't any scientific proof. I found a board where people were talking about it, many were sick, said they would try it and post results. The results were-they all felt better! I don't know... I AM going to try this just to see out of curiosities sake If you decide to give it a try post your results!! They say a white onion is the best, cut it in half and put them in different rooms around the house including bedrooms.

Another thing I have done myself over the years in put hydrogen peroxide in my ears...
Crazy In Mo 10:56 AM 01-15-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
ok, this is a very weird thing I am going to say...have you ever heard of placing raw onions around the house? I got an email from someone, basically one of those types that circulate around. I thought hmmm, then did some checking and snopes, etc say it's a hoax and nothing more than a mid wives tale. Searched some more and found a LOT of people swear by this, even though there isn't any scientific proof. I found a board where people were talking about it, many were sick, said they would try it and post results. The results were-they all felt better! I don't know... I AM going to try this just to see out of curiosities sake If you decide to give it a try post your results!! They say a white onion is the best, cut it in half and put them in different rooms around the house including bedrooms.

Another thing I have done myself over the years in put hydrogen peroxide in my ears...
I have read about that also it's pretty interesting really! I haven't tried it but I'd love to hear the outcome of those who have tried it!
itlw8 12:29 PM 01-15-2013
school kids rarely wash their hands at school make them wash as soon as they enter the house. hand sanitizer actually starts to collect germs after about the 4th use and you need to wash with soap and water. The schools seem to just use sanitizer.

Wash wash wash will make the biggest difference. Remind them to wash when they go to the bathroom at school
sharlan 02:15 PM 01-15-2013
I am sending the following text to all of my parents. I'll also send a note home tonight, just in case.

Dear Parents - as many of you know Scot will be having total knee replacement surgery next Friday. Sugery was/is in jeopardy if he gets sick again. I am asking that ALL adults wash their hands with soap and water and instruct or assist their child in doing the same upon entering.
sharlan 02:19 PM 01-15-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:

I do not like the smell of onion, so I probably won't try this. A couple of years ago, my granddaughter's room smelled horrible and I couldn't find the source. I kept spraying Lysol and opening her window during the day. A few days later, she told us that her gf told her to put 2 cut onions under her bed to keep from catching a cold.
NeedaVaca 03:03 PM 01-15-2013
You can't just leave the onion there to rot They say to change it with a fresh one every week. They also say the smell isn't as bad as you would think and lighting a candle can hide the scent. I will try this soon and see what it's like! Problem here is hardly anyone ever gets sick...I would love to see someone try it that has lots of sick kids to see if it works fast?
MaryM 04:38 PM 01-15-2013
Hand washing & a good quality probiotic like Garden of Life Raw probiotics. I've also read that cow colostrum (I know, sounds gross) is great for stimulating the immune system. Google it, it's great for lots of things. Also good quality pharmaceutical grade omega 3's are good too.
Tags:sickness
Reply Up