Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Rates?
cara041083 12:12 PM 10-01-2013
I have always had lower rates. Well right now Im getting ready to have a baby and since im not watching kids at this time, I decided that I was going to get signed up with srs so that way it would help me find more kids. My question is, Do you charge the same rate for your srs parents as you do the self pay parents? I have sent out a memo with my new rate as of Jan 1st, and my self pay parents have told me that they shouldn't have to raise there rate because they don't use srs. Really I had to raise my rates because I was way undercharging ($80.00 per week) and I am just not making enough to cover my expenses as well as have enough income, But that really isn't any of there business. So I figured these changes would be a good time to raise it to what I need to stay in business. I want to be fair, but I also don't want to give myself a bad name. Any advice on how to handle it, and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Blackcat31 12:16 PM 10-01-2013
If you choose to raise your rates, you cannot charge families on state assistance more than those who pay cash.

You can charge different rates for hours used and/or days used etc but cannot charge state assisted families more.

In some states, if the assistance program only pays out a certain amount you cannot charge the state assisted families the difference between the state rate and your rate (if higher) and in other states you can.

For example my state pays me .50 cents less per day than what my rates are. My state assisted families must pay that difference so ALL families I have in care (state assisted AND cash paying) all pay the same rate.

Hope that makes sense.

Congrats on the pending birth of your little one
cara041083 12:26 PM 10-01-2013
Thanks. That's how it is here also. The state pays a an amount and then the parents pay the difference. But I want everyone to pay the same so that everyone is on the same contract and its fair. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't out of line by raising my rates for self pay parents. Im going up to 120.00 a week regardless of self pay or srs. I guess if they don't like it they can go some where else. Can't please everyone
butterfly 12:31 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by cara041083:
Thanks. That's how it is here also. The state pays a an amount and then the parents pay the difference. But I want everyone to pay the same so that everyone is on the same contract and its fair. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't out of line by raising my rates for self pay parents. Im going up to 120.00 a week regardless of self pay or srs. I guess if they don't like it they can go some where else. Can't please everyone
congrats on a new baby and a raise in pay!
Tags:rates
Reply Up