Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Date Night?
DaisyMamma 06:11 AM 08-02-2012
I'm considering doing date night, open to the public, not just current families, but past families, etc.
Do some fun stuff, 5:30-10:30 and charge a flat rate of $25/kid. Maybe even offer an option of picking up at 8am the next day for an extra $20.
Does anyone have experience in doing this? Any success?
Springdaze 06:23 AM 08-02-2012
did it once. i charged about the same and served pizza (the grocery store ones) I need to do it more often, but not sure if "off the street" people would be willing to leave their kids with someone they dont know. couldnt hurt to try though. I have very detailed instructions like it had to be a scheduled parents night because I dont want a current parent saying "oh, can it be a parents night tonight?" and just be late picking up!

20 for over night sounds cheap to me tho
SilverSabre25 06:33 AM 08-02-2012
If you offer the overnight option I would limit it to potty-trained children over age 3, or something.
DaisyMamma 07:20 AM 08-02-2012
All good points, thank you!
daycarediva 07:43 AM 08-02-2012
I do a parent's night once a month. I open it to current and former clients & their siblings (although for current FT kids it's free) I have it from 6-9, we do pizza and a movie. The kids LOVE IT. I really don't want to be bothered with overnights (giving up a Saturday after I have worked all week is hard enough)
Crazy8 07:47 AM 08-02-2012
I do it a few times a year - some years my parents love it and I have a big turn out, other years I don't get much response. All depends on if they have "free" babysitters at home (grandparents, etc.).
I always do it around the holidays and advertise it as a chance to do holiday shopping. I never offered the overnight though - that might not be a bad idea since half of them are ready to fall asleep long before parents come to pick up!
newtodaycare22 10:34 AM 08-02-2012
I do it twice a year, for current daycare kids and their siblings. 5pm-10pm on a Friday. 30 dollars for 1 kid or 50 for two kids. In December, it's right around the holidays to help with holiday shopping. We went out driving to see Christmas lights and watched Christmas movies.

I'm doing one next week as well, as a send-off for my rising kindergartners. We will be going out to dinner/ice cream and then back to watch a movie. I have 3-5 year olds and all of the 4/5 year olds always come, not always the 3s.
Reply Up