Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>7 kids what vehicle?
JJPlaycare 10:11 AM 08-13-2012
We are looking at upgrading our vehicle, but I REALLY want to get something that I can transport up to 5 kids in anyone have a vehicle of choice or advice?? : )
newtodaycare22 10:13 AM 08-13-2012
I have an Expedition that holds 6 kids (and 2 adults in front) and I love it. )
Crazy8 10:18 AM 08-13-2012
a 7 passenger or 7 kids?? I love my Honda Odyssey - seats 7 (5 kids) but they have an 8 passenger too. DH has a Pilot but its a much tighter squeeze - I prefer my van!
JJPlaycare 10:25 AM 08-13-2012
Im assuming you have two bench seats... is it difficult to get the kids in, out and buckled in the far back seat?
JJPlaycare 10:26 AM 08-13-2012
Oops 7 passenger, so 2 adults and 5 kids. : )
newtodaycare22 10:32 AM 08-13-2012
Originally Posted by JJPlaycare:
Im assuming you have two bench seats... is it difficult to get the kids in, out and buckled in the far back seat?
The 3rd seat in my Expedition is what we call "the flippy seat". My oldest kid goes there because it bends back for everyone to enter the next row, and you can access them easily that way. Then, you flip it back and the oldest kid sits there. I do it that way because they help buckle the others and are the most patient to wait for their seat
DaisyMamma 10:53 AM 08-13-2012
I had an Odyssey that held 5 carseats. It was tight and I'm allowed 6 kids, so I upgraded to a Toyota Sienna, 8 passenger. The back row is a bench seat and you can get 3 carseats accross it. The middle is 3 seats together and each one can also hold a carseat. You can also take out any one of the 3 middle seats to make it a 7 passenger.
Some vans have 8 passenger seating but the "8th" seat can't hold a carseat, so make sure you look into that befofe you buy, because I imagine that some SUV's also have this issue. There needs to be a shoulder belt or anchors to put a carseat into each spot.
Another thing to consider is how wide the back bench seats are and if you have to buy all new carseats to get them to fit. (Sunshine kids makes the slimest). You also need to consider the level of difficulty in loading the kids into the rear bench.
I highly recommend the Sienna. It gets good gas mileage and I did a ton of research before buying it. Toyotas are the safest and most reliable available. My husband is a mechanic and he was very happy with my decision on the Toyota.
LittleCrawfishCC 12:11 PM 08-13-2012
I personally have a Nissan armada! I love love love it! It also holds 8. 2 adults, I can also get 5 car seats, and 2 kids. Comfortably
Busy Bees 12:16 PM 08-13-2012
I love my Honda Pilot it holds 8 ,6 in the back seat .
MNMum 12:47 PM 08-13-2012
I have a Toyota Sienna 8 passenger minivan. The eighth seat is full size and easily holds a carseat(unlike the Honda Odessey, which is a mini seat). I can get any combo of three carseats in the middle row. If planned wisely, I can also get 3 in the back row. The 3rd in the back has to be a Radian or booster. We love our Sienna, my husband's only complaint is that it does not have dual temp control. I'm a freeze baby, and he's always hot...
JenNJ 01:19 PM 08-13-2012
I am buying a Sienna next year because it can hold 6 carseats.
Nickel 03:24 PM 08-13-2012
i LOVE my honda pilot! it seats 8 but only 5 car seats. and the furthest row only has car seat anchors in one spot. but i love love love it!!!
AmyLeigh 05:09 PM 08-13-2012
I have an Excursion. It seats 8 and has a lot of cargo space in the back. It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff I can fit in there!
dave4him 05:11 PM 08-13-2012
Our toyota sienna fits six kids in the back snuggly
Reply Up