Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Layout in New House... Need Opinions!
kpa0627 11:18 AM 06-01-2010
I am moving to a new house this week and need to get everything organized and decorated for the new daycare to open soon. When you walk into the house the first two bedrooms to the left will be for daycare only. I know that I want one room to be the playroom but what would you do with the other one? Should I make it into the rest time room/quiet activity room (TV, big kid things (for schoolagers in afternoon), etc). Should I have one room for my 2-5 year olds and dedicate the other one to infant-23 month olds? How do you organize your daycare if you have more than one room?
*The ages I have......... one 3 year old, two 2 year olds, two 18 month olds, one 9 month old, and I will have (but not enrolled yet) up to 4 school agers.
gkids09 08:04 PM 06-01-2010
I would DEFINITELY use one of the rooms, or half of it anyway, for a school age room. From experience, I know that these kids come in after school and play rough with all the toys we have. I have created a school age room as well, which includes a folding table, chairs, and a cabinet with games, books, crayons, pencils, and paper for them to use. They do their homework first if they have any, and then can do whatever else they want. I allow them to come eat with the little ones, and play outside with them too, but it is nearly impossible to keep them from breaking the "baby toys" even when they don't mean to. Another idea is to use it for art projects. I would even, if possible, have a messy area where they can paint or do something that isn't as clean. I have carpet so I can't include that in my playroom, but I would love to! Good luck, and post pictures when you get it ready! I love seeing pictures of other people's set-up. It gives me ideas for my own.
Tags:design, floorplan
Reply Up