Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Handle These Things?
tenderhearts 10:51 AM 10-03-2018
I have 2 dc boys one is just 4 and the other is 4 1/2. They are both very good kids and everything however when they are together they get extremely obnoxious. One of them is constantly trying to be the class clown which in turn makes them both just act extremely hyper and obnoxious and really annoying noises. It's not like they are running around or anything but anything we are doing just causes this major annoying obnoxiousness. I seperate them when they can't stop but as soon as they are together again it just starts right back up. I've sat them down doing different activities but again as soon as they are together or even can see each other it keeps going. any ideas?
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I have 2 dc boys one is just 4 and the other is 4 1/2. They are both very good kids and everything however when they are together they get extremely obnoxious. One of them is constantly trying to be the class clown which in turn makes them both just act extremely hyper and obnoxious and really annoying noises. It's not like they are running around or anything but anything we are doing just causes this major annoying obnoxiousness. I seperate them when they can't stop but as soon as they are together again it just starts right back up. I've sat them down doing different activities but again as soon as they are together or even can see each other it keeps going. any ideas?
Honestly when I have a couple kids that rough house no matter how many times they have been told not to or they just can't keep their hands to themselves, I just keep them separated. I start off each day (both morning and afternoon activities) fresh and let them be together but the second the hands on each other rough housing starts, they are separated. Rinse and repeat and cross your fingers pick up come quickly.
Ariana 02:52 PM 10-03-2018
Are they just being goofs or are they being rough or something? I am not sure this would bother me that much if it was just noises.
tenderhearts 04:14 PM 10-03-2018
They aren't rough housing they are being obnoxious, but it's more than just being goofy and silly. They make loud noises then they laugh which no isn't a bad thing, the laughing that is, but it's the behavior before this, or they will knock things over or get rough with toys because they are being so obnoxous and very loud. I seperate them but no matter where they are away from each other they some how still manage the obnoxiousness from across the room.
Blackcat31 06:04 PM 10-03-2018
They aren't rough housing they are being obnoxious, but it's more than just being goofy and silly. They make loud noises then they laugh which no isn't a bad thing, the laughing that is, but it's the behavior before this, or they will knock things over or get rough with toys because they are being so obnoxous and very loud. I seperate them but no matter where they are away from each other they some how still manage the obnoxiousness from across the room.
Any time they are disrupting others I’d just ask them to leave the area. Provide them with a place to go and be as obnoxious as they want without you or others as an audience.

Solves your issue and gives into their need to be silly and obnoxious with/for each other.
tenderhearts 10:42 AM 10-04-2018
Problem with that is there isn't any where they can too that where I would be able to see them.
Rockgirl 10:46 AM 10-04-2018
That’s when I randomly reward those who are acting appropriately. Something small....a sticker, stamp, or even a couple of fruit snacks.
Ariana 02:09 PM 10-04-2018
This age and a couple of goof kids is hard to stop without making their lives miserable and they are just wanting to have fun. Maybe give a verbal warning when it is getting too intense that the next time they scream/knock over something/are super loud they will get seperated. “Ok this is your first warning, the next time one of you does XYZ you will be seperated for the rest of the day, is that what you want? Ok make a better choice”. Then follow through.
Blackcat31 07:04 AM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
That’s when I randomly reward those who are acting appropriately. Something small....a sticker, stamp, or even a couple of fruit snacks.
An older ex-DCK I had shared with me upon a recent visit that he secretly loved when one or two others were misbehaving because that meant he would get a treat or reward...
Rockgirl 09:04 AM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
An older ex-DCK I had shared with me upon a recent visit that he secretly loved when one or two others were misbehaving because that meant he would get a treat or reward...
Haha—love it!
Tags:bad behavior, fighting
Reply Up