Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Help I Don't Know What to Do
tenderhearts 08:18 PM 12-02-2018
My husband woke up yesterday morning in a lot of off and on pain, we thought it was a kidney stone as he's had one before and it was the same pain. The pain got way worse today so we went to the er, they thought same thing, kidney stone but after a bunch of tests and ct scan no stone was present, they did more tests to no avail. Sent him home and told him to follow up with his doctor in a couple days. He is in alot of pain, more severe in spurts there for can't drive himself to doctor. So I just don't know if I should close, I don't think anything would come from going to the doctor tomorrow, I feel this could be a longer ordeal, I don't know what to do, I do not like closing it screws up everyone. I'm so stressed not only for my hubby but my job as well, right now he is very medicated as nothing was taking the pain away so I don't know if tomorrow he will feel well enough to drive or not, we do not have anyone that can take him, plus with the way he feels I don't think he would want someone to take him as it's uncomfortable. Please don't get me wrong, his health is very important to me however my income is our main source.
CalCare 08:23 PM 12-02-2018
I'm so sorry to hear of the problems. My husband has had major issues for about a year. He soon became used to Uber-ing to all his appointment. Surgeries, I drive and close. But other than that, he just has to Uber. It's the only way to keep maintaining a job for you or I. In your position, I would possibly close just for tomorrow and if the issue continues, you'll have to talk to DH about Uber. Hopefully it ends as fast as it began. I keep hoping ours will end. ;/
tenderhearts 09:53 PM 12-02-2018
Sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he gets better. I did end up closing tomorrow since he is in so much pain, but I already had to close Thursday due to a surgery he had scheduled. Not sure if he can do it now or not, I feel so horrible. I have one newer family that I know is bothered by it.thanks for responding and again hope your husband gets better soon uber is a great idea.
Michael 09:54 PM 12-02-2018
Take the day off tomorrow and get him to another hospital. Depends on which side his pain is, he may have appendicitis. I would think the scans and tests would show that but its better to be safe.
https://www.healthline.com/health/ap...dicitis-or-gas
Josiegirl 01:53 AM 12-03-2018
I hope everything is okay with him! We don't have uber around here but taxis would be available, for times like this.
Please try not to worry about your dcps. They need to be understanding in situations such as these; we are home providers, not centers. If you expect these kinds of situations often, is there any way you could hire someone to cover? I wish our local agency provided a floater for home dcs.

I had just started a dcf right after Labor Day, and then became very sick the end of Sept., having to close from a Wed. and reopened on the following Tuesday. I apologized at least 10x, saying this just wasn't like me, telling everyone they could credit the following week's pay according to my unexpected time off(nobody took me up on my offer). But they understood life happens. The wonderful dcfs will understand. Just concentrate on your dh right now, he's the one who needs your support. Your dcprovider history will speak for you. And take care of YOU too! Stress does no one any good.
DaveA 03:43 AM 12-03-2018
Glad you closed and hopefully you get a diagnosis today. Good luck
littlefriends 05:47 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
Take the day off tomorrow and get him to another hospital. Depends on which side his pain is, he may have appendicitis. I would think the scans and tests would show that but its better to be safe.
I agree, my sister had to go to the hospital 3 times before they finally figured out it was her appendix and had to have it taken out.
Ariana 06:43 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
I was thinking the same thing. My mom had this and it was terrible pain. I agree take the day off and everyone will understand if you explain the situation....if you feel that they will get angry a good way to lessen that is by giving the day to them for free. Totally up to you though as you are entitled to time off.
tenderhearts 07:52 AM 12-03-2018
Thank you every that makes me feel better. I know that all of them are understanding yet I know that they have to work too, thankfully almost all of my families can work from home times like this and they know I don't do this. We were very disappointed in the hospital they literally said I don't know what could be causing it and said here is pain medication to manage at home and my husband was visibly in a lot of pain throwing up. He had blood in his urine that is why they thought kidney stone which still could be a possibility. However he thinks it could be after he eats that brings it on but they checked gallbladder, pancreas everything. So frustrating. His pain got much better through the night. Thanks again
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Thank you every that makes me feel better. I know that all of them are understanding yet I know that they have to work too, thankfully almost all of my families can work from home times like this and they know I don't do this. We were very disappointed in the hospital they literally said I don't know what could be causing it and said here is pain medication to manage at home and my husband was visibly in a lot of pain throwing up. He had blood in his urine that is why they thought kidney stone which still could be a possibility. However he thinks it could be after he eats that brings it on but they checked gallbladder, pancreas everything. So frustrating. His pain got much better through the night. Thanks again
How scary! Especially when you don't have any answers.

I am hoping they are able to figure it out.... It might be a good idea for your DH to track his food intake. Maybe he can pinpoint a specific food or combination of foods that are triggering this.

A friend of mine was dealing with something similar a few years back. She had a myriad of tests and all showed nothing abnormal. She was starting to think she was crazy but she literally spent days curled up in the fetal position in pain some days and didn't know why. Just that it hurt.

She finally found a doctor that listened to her and they did some sort of scope test where they used a camera down her throat and looked. She found out she had a valve near her stomach that wasn't working properly and it was allowing stomach acid/bile to go where it wasn't suppose to. It caused an ulcer in her digestive tract. They ended up doing surgery and removing the bad portion of her intestine/digestive track and now that along with a diet change (low fat, mild, bland diet) she says she feels like a completely different person.

Sometimes it's the weirdest things.....hoping your DH finds some help or at the very lest some relief.

Keeping him and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Mike 08:21 AM 12-03-2018
Health issues can be had to properly diagnose sometimes. I hope this is over fast so both of you can get back to a normal routine.
tenderhearts 10:20 AM 12-03-2018
Thanks everyone. We made an appointment for today, we called a urologist and they were able to view everything from the er yesterday. She said that there was a stone in his bladder why the hospital didn't tell us that I don't know. So it looks as though maybe that was causing the pain. We will know more information later after the appointment. This is so stressful. I had to close today and then I am closed on Thursday for his surgery, i hate doing that. There is no way around it.
Firefly 10:30 AM 12-03-2018
Don’t feel bad for having to close. I know it’s hard not to, but when I look back there were times I still feel bad for NOT closing. I hope your husband feels better soon.
Gemma 09:51 AM 12-04-2018
Hope all goes well!
tenderhearts 01:18 PM 12-04-2018
We finally got some answers, it was a kidney stone. The doctor said that there probably wasn't a radiologist on staff at the time and that the stone probably was in between slices therefore they didn't see it, but they could have told us this, plus they didn't even tell us that he has another stone in his kidney so if and when it dislodges, we will be going through this all over again, ugh not looking forward to that. So the hospital really had a scared. But thankfully it wasn't serious. Thank you for all your replies on taking the day off, all my parents were completely understanding and all were still understanding of his surgery on thursday.
Michael 01:45 PM 12-04-2018
Great news!

BTW, my dad used to get kidney stones all the time. in the 70s they use to cut from front to back and a month in the hospital. Then in the 80s they went in with the "basket" and dad said the pain was unbearable. in the 90s they used shock wave lithotripsy to blast the stones which resulted in blood in his urine. In 2000, we finally got him to try Dr. Schulze’s Kidney Stone Dissolving Routine. He used it and passed the stone like it was sand. You should have your husband try it next time.

https://www.herbdoc.com/blog/kidney-...olving-routine
tenderhearts 05:19 PM 12-04-2018
Oh my that sounds horrible. I will look into the dissolving of them. I know it was torture for my husband boy I'll admit it was torture for me too. lol
Pestle 07:47 AM 12-05-2018
Good grief! I'm so sorry this is such a long and painful and uncertain ordeal.

I closed yesterday because of what turned out to be a kidney stone. Got to spend the day in the hospital getting scans and vomiting from the pain. Then they hit me with a painkiller that actually worked (morphine did nothing) and I've felt fine ever since. I was promoting my yarncrafting Meetup to the technician jamming an ultrasound wand up my whatever. They sent me home with a sieve and a prescription for erectile dysfunction medication.

When people say stones are worse than childbirth, they are correct. It was much worse. And mine passed easily.
tenderhearts 10:41 AM 12-05-2018
I'm so sorry you dealt with a kidney stone too, is it the season lol? My husband also was given 5 different pain meds in the hospital as well and NON of them worked until the last one which I believe was haldol. They gave him morphine when the first medication wasn't working, it did not work for my hubby either, doctor actually came in and asked if he had taken it before like it was suppose to work and I felt he was implying my hubby was a druggie or something he seemed surprised it wasn't working. Glad yours passed as well easily.
Tags:appendicitis, dr schultz, kidney stones, pain, spouse health issues
Reply Up